Clean install import corrupted?

schumi2004
Go to solution Solved by schumi2004,

schumi2004

Last night i did a clean install on LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.006 ALPHA and that didn't go as expected.

Did a few clean installs and installed Emby addon several times but every time Emby syncs the database i'm only getting a Series item with the available Series but those series are empty, no episodes in it.

Movies i'm not getting at all.

Did a few manual syncs and forced syncs and i see Movies being imported but nothing in library.

Also tried a DB repair without luck.

For some reason this only seems to happen on LibreELEC because i created a setup environment on Windows with the same Kodi Krypton beta 2 version and there it seems to work just fine.

Also compared the generated DB's and MyVideos107.db seems to match but emby.db is a few KB (13 to be precise) bigger then on LibreELEC build.

Also search debug log for some hints but can't seem to find anything useful or related at all.

Now i'm going to copy the correct video/emby DB's from WIndows to LibreELEC and see how that works but was curious what could be the cause of this?

Edited by schumi2004

Angelblue05

Do you have any add-ons that clean up your Kodi library like watch dog? Or advancedsettings.xml set to clean up entries?

That's what it sounds like to me. But without a Kodi log, it's hard to say. I don't like guessing games. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
schumi2004

I understand and now you mention clean up entry's in advancedsettings.xml it makes more sense to me now.

The test system didn't had the advancedsettings.xml i use in production. So after some more testing this morning i removed all xml's i'm using and started with a fully clean system and now it's working.

I did checked the logs last night but couldn't find anything related to items not showing but that's not important now since it was this line causing the issues after reading your comment: <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>

• Like 1

Angelblue05
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>

That's the one. Maybe we'll be able to eventually detect this custom setting and alert the user.