Content not appearing

PoBear
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi

I've been running Kodi 16.1 with the Emby add-on for some time against my TV Series library, all without problem.

Today I started the Kodi system up and I only have one TV series showing instead of the 100+ that were there yesterday. The content is still showing in Emby itself.

I've restarted both the server and the client machine and there are no connection problems. Emby syncs OK. I've deleted and redefined the links in the skin all with no effect just the one series showing.

The only thing different is that I did a library clean up in Kodi before closing down which finished OK, I've done this without problem before.

I can understand no TV series being displayed but not just one.

Any ideas. I can provide logs if needed.

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@PoBear

Why did you run a Kodi library clean up? This probably wiped all the emby entries unless you are using native playback mode. Try running a repair sync for your tv shows and let me know if it fixes your issue (launch the emby for Kodi add-on > repair local database > tvshows).

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks, they seem to be back again although I seem to have lost a view but that's a Kodi issue I guess.

I did a clean up because I run my Music Videos directly through Kodi as Emby doesn't scrape any information, I had moved the library and was getting lots or errors due to missing files. It fixed the MVs but obviously broke TV.

Thanks again

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I see. Can I suggest you report your issue with music videos not being able to scrape any information so this can eventually be resolved.... It's the first time I hear this, I know of other users having Emby music videos library which seems to work fine for them.

Otherwise, maybe switch to native playback mode instead (the add-on will insert your real paths in Kodi instead of plugin paths for playback), this will allow you to run a clean library without losing your entries. However this means you'd lose the ability to direct stream/transcode and emby cinema mode. If you decide to make the change, just go to add-on settings > sync options > change playback mode, then you'll need to reset your local database and let your content resync (launch the emby add-on > reset local database).

Edited by Angelblue05