Roku Client Thinks MKVs are DVDs

toddla

I'm in process of converting my DVD folder structures (VIDEO_TS) to MKVs for streaming with MB+Roku.  Currently all DVDs are ripped into the normal TITLE\VIDEO_TS structure.  I wanted to have the MKV files stored in a directory per movie instead of one big flat directory - \TITLE\movie_title.mkv.  To try and make my life simpler, I used XCOPY to copy the directory structure without the underlying files of the DVD rips to a new location where the MKVs were going to be stored.  In doing so, XCOPY copied all non-empty folders, so I ended up with a VIDEO_TS folder under the same \TITLE directory as the MKV file.

The problem is as follows:  the Roku client, despite having the MKV file present, seems to think I want to stream a DVD from the folder structure.  I think that because I have a few folders I created manually which seem to work where I deleted the VIDEO_TS folder before I pointed the MB library at the parent directory. The cover art also shows "DVD' on the left side of the cover on most, whereas the few I created correctly show "MPEG".  So, I easily deleted all of the VIDEO_TS folders using a recursive script, removed the library name from MB and re-added it thinking that would take care of the problem.  Doesn't.  Within the Roku client, I can see every single folder with correct cover art, but I can only stream those labeled as MPEG on the cover art.  Any that are labeled DVD, will not stream at all despite having the MKV in the folder as noted.

At this point, I'm not really sure why I can't get the library updated to see all the MKV files or what to do to correct it short of deleting all of the files except the actual MKVs and doing a full uninstall/re-install.  Hopefully there's a simple solution.  Note that I have also forced a library scan a couple of times which doesn't fix the issue.

it's really a server question, and right now that's expected behavior. if we see a video_ts folder it looks like a dvd to us.

Ok, makes sense, but having deleted the VIDEO_TS folders that are stored with the MKVs and having forced a re-scan, I would have thought that would have all gotten fixed.

So, how do I fix this, uninstall and reinstall the server?

running the normal library scan should fix it. if not i suppose uninstall but it should not be necessary.