Setting Up Emby From Existing Kodi Database - Watched & Progress Status

Derko
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi Everyone,

I just learned about Emby and am interested in giving it a shot as it sounds easier than dealing with a MySQL database with regards to sharing a library (watched and progress status) with multiple devices. Now, I've watched a few videos and read a few different setup guides for installing and configuring the Emby Server and then getting the Emby plugin setup. However, there is one thing that isn't clear to me and no matter how much searching I've done I can't find an answer to...I have an existing Kodi database with watched status and progress status for movies and tv shows, how do I get that data to sync into Emby when I get everything setup for the first time. I need to not lose this information when I make the switch to using Emby as my Wife is very unhappy if Kodi starts "acting weird" (ie. watched episodes are marked unwatched or progress locations are gone). 

System setup:

- Server/HTPC - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 running Flexraid with 12TB drivepool and running Kodi 16.1

- Desktop - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - will have a fresh install of Kodi 16.1 (not installed yet)

- Laptop - Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - will have a fresh install of Kodi 16.1 (not installed yet)

Will this data automatically be moved from Kodi to Emby on the first scan? Or is there something else that I need to do to preserve that data?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Solution

The ideal way would be watch status within nfo files. Trakt syncing is also possible.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. So basically backup/export the Kodi library to separate files and that would be enough to accomplish what I want? What are the benefits of using Trakt to accomplish this versus the nfo's?

• Like 1

nfo's will cover content beyond what trakt has, also, the trakt plugin is built by community members and might not be perfect, although it should work.

• Like 1