3.0.8200.0 Guide change - bug or feature?

alm7878
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

alm7878

First of all, I would like to say that I am really impressed with the latest release.  I have been dealing with an issue between the server and android tv running on a Minix box. When fast forwarding I would occasionally go too fast and hit the fast forward button while a FF was in progress. This user inflicted action would cause the server to crash.  I haven't had time to collect sufficient data to determine if it was a client or server issue and to file a bug.  This latest release fixed this issue!  The FF jump is almost instantaneous (very cool) and I spent 20 minutes jumping around a video in an attempt to make it crash.  It performed flawlessly!   Awesome, awesome, awesome work!

Now for the bug/feature question...  I like the new categories menu on the guide to highlight the various categories.  However, I noticed that the category color codes on the guide are no longer there (web client, android tv, IPhone, etc.).  Is this a necessary byproduct of the new categories feature or is this a bug?  I can live without the color coding, but like any consumer "I want it all". :) 

Thanks again for the hard work and delivering an awesome product!

• Solution

The color coding is now optional and turned off by default.  You just need to go into the settings for the guide and turn it on.

In the Android TV app, the settings are reached via the little "cog" button at the top right of the guide.

• Like 1

Where ever you set it will carry through to the other places.

It is in the web app but only shows at higher resolutions and probably needs a new icon :).  It looks like a grid just to the right of the date.