Emby Not Releasing Channels

theniteow1

theniteow1

Hello, a new problem sprung up yesterday.   I am on the latest of everything. I am using the native Live TV plugin with 2 HDHomeRun OTA Tuners, and 2 HDHomeRun CableCard Tuners, and Fire TV app.  I have noticed that after watching a channel, sometimes Emby isn't releasing the channel.  It will keep it going on the tuner, however, it doesn't display in the dashboard. Eventually Emby fails to tune into a station if switching channels because the tuner is "watching" a channel still and you can't tune in.  This has been working beautifully up until yesterday.  It won't let me upload a log, says I can't go over 90 MB.  I'll try it as a reply.5807962c96bd9_TunerNotReleasing.png, up until recently.

Edited by theniteow1

It's only 200k.  It's some kind of site limit.

You can manage your attachments via your profile.

But, using those external services he suggested negates the need for that as well.

This log looks normal to me. First it opens one stream, which later closes. Then at the end it opens another stream but since that's the end of the log we can't really tell what happened next.

theniteow1

This log looks normal to me. First it opens one stream, which later closes. Then at the end it opens another stream but since that's the end of the log we can't really tell what happened next.

Not sure what to tell you, that's why I took a screen shot of what was happening.  The streams were still active.  Even though they are not actively being viewed.

I'm not sure if this is related ,but as of yesterday I have absolutely no live TV in all Emby apps and the server.

However scheduled recording are still taking place.

I'm using NPVR back-end, and this is still working perfectly. I have made no changes.

All Emby apps and server are the latest Beta versions.

By observing the NPVR Device Status window is show that Emby is using 1 of my 3 tuners but the result is as follows:

Android app - spinning icon

Emby Theater - no connection to the tuners

Emby Server - connects to tuner but no video and very stuttered, audio

In all cases the tuners do get released when closing each app

Let me know what else you need to try and track this down. 

I'm not sure if this is related ,but as of yesterday I have absolutely no live TV in all Emby apps and the server.

However scheduled recording are still taking place.

I'm using NPVR back-end, and this is still working perfectly. I have made no changes.

All Emby apps and server are the latest Beta versions.

By observing the NPVR Device Status window is show that Emby is using 1 of my 3 tuners but the result is as follows:

Android app - spinning icon

Emby Theater - no connection to the tuners

Emby Server - connects to tuner but no video and very stuttered, audio

In all cases the tuners do get released when closing each app

Let me know what else you need to try and track this down. 

Hi, sorry to hear this. Not related. Please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

theniteow1

Hi guys, again this morning I have locked tuners but nothing is displayed in the dashboard, but if I go to Live TV it says they are being "watched".

5808e525c486e_Dashboard.jpg

5808e53ccf8ab_Watching.jpg

• 1 year later...

There are many of us who are having similar issues with other apps connected to a HDHomerun Tuner, particularly with Android TV's Live Channels.

There is a post on HDhomerun's forum but it seems they blame Android for the problem.  Given the number of issues across multiple different apps, I rather think the issue is HDhomerun related.