LiveTV issues on certain channels

JunkStar

JunkStar

HI Guys

I have been struggling to make Emby my 1-point stop for all media but LiveTV keeps holding me back. I have for the last few days/weeks tried to find a EPG provider for my country that had all the channels since Schedules Direct was no help in this matter. I finally stumbled upon xmltv.se and their combined file which worked perfectly! Only to find out that it was removed 1 week later and moved to a paid service (no problem dont mind paying for EPG data when its 20USD/year). Now a problem arises. Whenever i map certain channels the guide refresh freezes and cant be stopped. Only when you restart the server. I worked with the guide provider to ensure that everything was working as intended and i even looked at the xml file for that channel and ran it through a xml validator without any errors. I completely removed Emby-Server from my server and re-installed to make sure it wasnt a weird setting giving me problems. Now when i try to watch the channel i gives me no image and bad sounds (see video) and when i look at the ffmpeg log its throwing alot of errors (logs attached) A few weeks ago the channel was working fine in Emby.

Below is a video that i have made that shows the problem:

If you look at the video you can see that "6'eren HD" works fine and "TV2 Zulu" is one of the channels that gives me problems

I have tried different versions of ffmpeg

I have the latest HDHomerun firmware

I have re-installed emby-server

If you need anything else or need me to do anything please let me know

Best Regards

JunkStar

ffmpeg-remux-3fd28722-d526-4c21-8cc8-c01308e40d62.txt

ffmpeg-remux-cfe73136-ec2d-4407-bc86-20d07cd402ba.txt

server-63612490807.txt

server-63612490940.txt

Hi, there's no evidence to suggest the guide refresh has frozen, it may have just been taking a long time so i would just try to be patient and let it finish.

JunkStar

I let it sit there for 2 hours yesterday and nothing happend. When i stop it it just says "stopping" until the next time i restart the server.

JunkStar

Also it dosnt explain the channels that arent working in emby but are working when playing them directly from the hdhomerun

JunkStar

11 hours and still at 20.7%...

What i did now:

Mapped another channel thats supposed to work.

Installed latest beta.

Restarted the emby-server from the gui - didnt work

Rebooted the server

Refresh guide data - still stops at 20.7%

Checked the tvguide and saw that it had data from the new channel i mapped.

Still no data for TV2 Zulu and channel is still bad as showed in video

JunkStar

Now i have tried to map more channels. Everything that is before the bad channel (TV2 Zulu) is being populated and everything after isnt being populated. Everything points to the guide refresh freezes when trying to add data for TV2 Zulu

580863fae46fa_guide.png

5808640a9bf5f_guide2.png

JunkStar

Okay so i have narrowed it down to the following channels

TV2 Zulu

Nickelodeon HD

Disney Channel

Eurosport 1

MTV HD

Comedy Central

Disney XD

VH1

Common for all these channels are that they have a signal strength between 90 and 95% when i look directly on the hdhomerun. But none of them work in Firefox, Chrome or Edge.

They do however work in Emby Theater and on my phone in the Android App.

I have tried different version of ffmpeg. Latest static build for 32bit and 64bit. A few versions back of the static ones, also the 32bit and the 64bit. I have tried with different hardware accelerators (QSV OMX and None) Throtteling on and off.

When i try to watch the channels they all exhibit the same behavior (see the video on the first post) and they all freeze when i map them to a channel.

What should i do next?

• 1 month later...