Can't connect outside of my WiFi

Ascrewsloose

Ascrewsloose

I purchased the Lifetime Plan and entered the key.

It says it is valid.

This thing only works on my WiFi and not when I am away from home.

All I get is a Connection Error.

Have invited several people and they get the same message.

I did the Port thing on my firewall and also on my router.

Nothing seems to help resolve this issue.

What can I do to get this to work outside of my home?

Ascrewsloose

I just re-tried all of that and still nothing.

Canyouseeme says it can not see me and shows the remoye IP Address.

VERY frustrating.

I admit that I am no computer Guru but I thought this would be a Plug And Play App.

Feel like i wasted $100 for nothing.

moviefan

If canyouseeme is reporting that it cannot see you then the issue is with your router not forwarding the port properly or something with your ISP connection.

Are you running any other services at your house?

Happy2Play

Have you ensured automatic port mapping is enable in Emby?  If it is then you will need to check the settings in your router for upnp and see if it has that option is enable or if you even have that option.  Otherwise you will need to manually configure Port forwarding.

Dashboard-Advanced-Hosting

Enable automatic port mapping
Attempt to automatically map the public port to the local port via UPnP. This may not work with some router models.

moviefan

Also, if you want to take a bunch of screenshots of settings and attach them to this post, I'll try and point you in the right direction.

Hi.  We're very sorry you are having these troubles but these types of issues are related to your personal network configuration and outside of the application's control.

We do try to take care of this configuration automatically but, in today's very security-conscious world, many times the app is not allowed to do that so it does require manual configuration on your part.

If you provide the information requested above, I'm sure we can help you get it sorted.  Thanks.

moviefan

Yes try what Luke said.

Also, the screenshots we really need are the Dashboard (the first one you posted), and the screenshots of your router's port forwarding configuration.

So if it's still not working please post the router config.

You need to add port forwarding, external port 8096 to internal port 8096 on tcp, using the id address of the  machine running emby server.

moviefan

Yah in the first screenshot you posted of your router config, change both ports to 8096 on the "emby" line.  You currently have 89 instead.

Also, change the IP address to 192.168.1.121 (the IP address of Emby).  You currently have it configured as .149

And check the enabled box.

Edited by moviefan

You didn't follow his instructions. You have Emby mapped to 192.168.1.149. But it looks like your internal ip address is actually 192.168.1.121

Glad to hear it. Unfortunately though your work might not be done. You probably want to look at making the internal IP static so that it never changes, because if it changes then you're going to have to go back into the linksys web interface and update it.

• Like 1