Live TV failing on new plugin

jds828

I just got round to having a play with the Shield TV today and noticed live TV was failing. I then tested on the PC (both WEB and Theater) failed also. I know I havn't changed anything with the TV tuning side so I decided to try an older plugin.

I'm not sure who writes what now so i'll just list them.

1.5.0.0 Not Working

1.3.4.0 Working Ok

The actual numbers may be a bit off but you get the idea.

Thanks

Oh... any way to stop Emby asking to install the new plugin? I don't want it as it won't work for me.

Edited by jds828

pünktchen

I guess you have authentication enabled in MPExtended and the plugin. This doesn't work in newer plugin and server versions, because Emby does the stream probing now. I'm still looking for a solution...

Hi punktchen,

I'm sure I disabled it in MP Extended and still nothing but by all means I'll try again tomorrow. I'm not really happy with breaking the Web side of MP as it's always been rock solid when everything else failed. I know it's getting very dated now so sooner rather than later, it will have to go.

I'll look forward to anything you can do. As usual, if you need a tester, just let me know.

Thanks for the help. 

Hi jds828, Have you clicked the "Save and Test Connection" button after disabling authentication? I know it may seem like a silly question, but I forgot to click it initially and was wondering why it still wasn't working :P 

Might not be the same issue, but I can confirm that webmediaportal and aMPdroid still work fine with authentication disabled. 

Edited by millsii

Hi, yes I did click the button ;)

I decided to have a server rebuild (I was bored) Clean install with all clean MP etc. It works on SD but fails on HD. I've not tried all the settings yet so I can't comment either way yet.

pünktchen

Hi, yes I did click the button ;)

I decided to have a server rebuild (I was bored) Clean install with all clean MP etc. It works on SD but fails on HD. I've not tried all the settings yet so I can't comment either way yet.

If the plugin is working with one channel, it should be working with every channel. If not, then it's probably related to Emby's stream probing or transcoding mechanism.

Anyway you should post server and transcode log, so Luke can have a look at the problem.

If the plugin is working with one channel, it should be working with every channel. If not, then it's probably related to Emby's stream probing or transcoding mechanism.

Anyway you should post server and transcode log, so Luke can have a look at the problem.

I did send the logs to Luke.

I've had a play and eventually got SD back to normal but HD will only work if I set subtitles not to play in my profile settings, then enable them when the channel fails to play.