Metadata from the Internet Question

Z0m8ie

In the web client under Library / Manage Folders, If I check the box to "download artwork and metadata from the internet", will this overwrite metadata and artwork that is already downloaded and saved withing each of my album folders?, or will it just add to what is already downloaded?.

Happy2Play

It only affects new stuff added to the library.  Emby will not overwrite anything that is already there unless you do a Refresh and select replace artwork.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
earthtorob

What if you add a folder that already has metadata from Emby or Kodi already downloaded?

Sometimes I remove a folder of very old Tv shows like "Twilight Zone" and other very old shows because my library gets a little cluttered.  But then I'll want to watch something so I add it back in.

I've never noticed the artwork changing and I never checked the file creation dates.  So I always assumed it checked to see if the data was there and if it was it used it.

So, what does Emby do when you add a folder with metadata already supplied by Emby?

What if you add a folder that already has metadata from Emby or Kodi already downloaded?

Sometimes I remove a folder of very old Tv shows like "Twilight Zone" and other very old shows because my library gets a little cluttered.  But then I'll want to watch something so I add it back in.

I've never noticed the artwork changing and I never checked the file creation dates.  So I always assumed it checked to see if the data was there and if it was it used it.

So, what does Emby do when you add a folder with metadata already supplied by Emby?

It will use the existing metadata. Metadata from the internet will only be used to fill in missing information.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...