External music player library update

Guest petwri

Guest petwri

Ok, so first, I don't know anything about the way android handles audio files and music on the file system. But I am using an external player (vanilla music) for offline playback. And I've seen that it only picks up new music after a reboot of the device. The developer of the player said sth about notifying the system about the new content (https://github.com/vanilla-music/vanilla/issues/446). He doesn't really know why it shouldn't be read by his app, maybe you have an idea... Thanks!

It might be because it's not getting saved into the system music folder. the notification is a possibility for a future release, yes.

Guest petwri

Ok, so just that i really understand how this works: emby could tell the system to update its media, this is justnot implemented yet?

I would have to research it. I am currently assuming the information from that other developer is correct but i have not looked into it yet. but i would guess yes.

Guest petwri

I would have to research it. I am currently assuming the information from that other developer is correct but i have not looked into it yet. but i would guess yes.

Thanks for the feedback, would just be a really nice feature until you get the offline playback to work. And you know, Vanilla Music supports Replaygain, which is nice  ;)

• 8 months later...

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !