Channel Order using EMBY Native or EMBY Theatre

Vitale4

Vitale4

I connected to my EMBY today and noticed that my Channels were out of order and does not appear to be any reason to the order.  Can someone provide the steps on how I can ensure the Guide comes up in Channel Order.  

I am using the XMLTV.XML File - wonder if it is related to that.

In the Live TV guide there is a settings screen where you can set your channel order.  To what is it set?

Vitale4

So are you talking the actual guide within LiveTV for EMBY or EMBY Theatre?  I checked the screens and the only options I have is the following:

• Select the date for the guide
  • RSS
  • Search
  • Mic
  • Settings
  • Server Administration

The Settings did not provide a location to set the order.

Can you provide a little more specifics?

Thanks

Bring up the guide in a web browser (logged in as the same user) and click the little grid icon next to the date. 

Vitale4

I don't see any grid icon to the left of the date...  I have attached a photo from EMBY... 

post-10428-0-94359000-1476646020_thumb.png

Edited by Vitale4

blade005

I don't see any grid icon to the left of the date...  I have attached a photo from EMBY... 

Vitale4,

I had the same issue when they first implemented this feature. The issue is with the DIsplay Resolution of your system. I have a HTPC that runs at 1920 x 1080 and the grid icon that ebr mentions shows up in both the Web UI and Emby Theater. I have another HTPC that has a display resolution of 1280 x 800 that matches the native resolution of the projector it is running on and the grid icon does not show in either the Web UI or Emby Theater. It also does not show up in the Android App on my 8-inch nVidia tablet.

I usually just make the changes on my 1080p system, or I have to temporarily adjust the display resolution on my other system to something higher to view this grid icon and make any changes. I think your setting has probably defaulted to sort by RECENTLY WATCHED. If you change your display resolution to a higher setting, if possible, then you will see this grid and can change sort to CHANNEL NUMBER and also make the selection to place your FAVORITE channels at the top of the grid.

I hope the devs may consider a different location and/or placement of this setting to avoid this in the future with lower resolution systems.

Edited by blade005

Vitale4

That did the trick.  Was not aware that the grid was there.  Changed resolution and voila, it appeared.  After changing it from recently recently watched to Channel order moved some of the channels.  I then realized I had to uncheck the show favorites first.  Not sure how the favorites got set, will need to look into it.

In any regards - thanks for the help - I am good now...

blade005

That did the trick.  Was not aware that the grid was there.  Changed resolution and voila, it appeared.  After changing it from recently recently watched to Channel order moved some of the channels.  I then realized I had to uncheck the show favorites first.  Not sure how the favorites got set, will need to look into it.

In any regards - thanks for the help - I am good now...

On the channel page, if you hover the mouse over a channel or select it there will be a heart icon that you can toggle on or off for favorite channels.

Vitale4

Thanks for the feedback - sorry to not get back sooner, been busy at work.  In any event, I did check to see if I had anything marked as a favorite, and I did not.  So I am not sure why the order changes if the Check box says show Favorites first.  Not a big deal, it shows the way it should.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Raging_Dork

If anyone is still having problems with this on lower res screens you can just zoom out in your browser and the sorting icon will appear.

• Like 1

blade005

If anyone is still having problems with this on lower res screens you can just zoom out in your browser and the sorting icon will appear.

Thanks for that tip. Beats changing system resolution. If I adjust browser from 100% to 90% the sorting grid appears.

Cheers!