Episode not recognized as new

mellomade

mellomade

I post this here because it appears that SD has the metadata correct on this episode - zap2it shows as new, correct episode number and description but Emby does not mark it as set to record.  I have this series set to record only new episodes on KPRC-HD alone.

5802aedf5c94d_Untitled1.jpg

Edited by mellomade

Check the series settings. Could it be the option to exclude based on episodes you already have? What are the series settings?

I think it is recognized as new based on the indicator in your screenshot, only question is why is it not set to record. can you do a quick test and change to all channels and see if that resolves it? thanks.

mellomade

Changing any of those settings had no effect on the scheduled recordings.

I did find one thing interesting though.  After you said it could be a conflict with the existing series - I went back and looked at the episodes I had in my library which where s02e04 (title - Guns, Pills and Birds) and s02e05 (title - Spokesman Scandal).  Both were titled 'Dog Adoption Day' - which is obviously wrong - but is the title of the show I am having issues with.  The show titles in the recorded file names were correct though as well as in the NFO metadata.

I even went so far as it delete the entire show from my library - then remove the series recording.  When I added the series recording back again - it worked.

So it looks like the problem was with the title of the episode somehow conflicting with the information for the show already stored in the database for existing episodes.  You might want to check that the season and episode numbers are priority and not title.  

On a side note - you might want to consider making the crosschecking for existing episodes as turned off by default.

mellomade

After some more digging it looks like TVDB is showing incorrect episode numbers for this show.  They are off by one digit because they show Special for s02e01.  How do we deal with that?

5802ca95bff90_Untitled2.jpg

I don't see how we can unfortunately, at least not in an automated fashion. i guess we'll just have to make that setting off by default so that people don't miss recordings.