Live TV Interlacing - 2.5.23

casminkey

casminkey

Running Emby Theater 2.5.23

I don't know what I had installed before but seems like since I installed this recently, Live TV is interlacing and visible with anything moving. I tried messing with some of the playback settings but didn't seem to help.

Live TV is a huge reason I'm trying to use Emby Theater, this makes is almost unwatchable.

Any help? 

5802603d4498d_ScreenShot20161015at125527

• Like 1

Hi, welcome. I can see the server is not reporting that the video is interlaced and therefore the app is not applying the deinterlace filter. this is being corrected for the next server release. thanks.

• Like 2

casminkey

Hi, just upgraded the server to 3.0.3800 but still the same picture. Is this addressed in a different update? Is there any changes I can make to force the deinterlace filter until then?

Much appreciated, as always.

casminkey

Build-in Live TV w/ HDHomerun.

I find it's not all the time. I guess only certain channels depending on how the signal is formatted.

I'll add my 2 cents worth. I am finding the same issue.

HD Homerun / Emby Theater. When watching same channel via Chrome, no problems.

Watched a HD channel last night and I thought it looked fine. Watched same channel this morning and thought it must be okay now.  Then when the fast motion scene appeared you could see it

Same issue on SD channel.

Live Sport can definitely see it.

I have checked the data coming out of the api and the flag is definitely there. We are then telling LAV filters to apply deinterlacing. I'll have to discuss with our resident directshow expert on how we can improve it.

So I guess what we'll do is force it to yadif when it's disabled and when we know the source content is interlaced.

puithove

If I'm interpreting this correctly, it looks like its disabled.

<SW_DeintModes>0</SW_DeintModes>

Here's more info on this

So I guess what we'll do is force it to yadif when it's disabled and when we know the source content is interlaced.

Actually, you will probably want to check with @@babgvant on that.  The setting is to enable/configure Software de-interlacing in LAV decoder, instead of using the hardware deinterlacing in whatever renderer is configured.  It's a setting I requested be added so that I could de-interlace in software before the stream gets passed to the renderer.  For this reason alone, it might not be what you want to do in all cases - especially for someone with a low-spec CPU.

In my case I want to be able to configure this in the XML to set the value to 2 which is W3FDIF_SIMPLE because it uses lower CPU and I think looks slightly better than YADIF.  If what you are saying is that you are going to force this to YADIF any time the server detects interlaced stream, it breaks my use.