Cannot play live tv or active recordings in 3.0.8100.0

inzombyac
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

inzombyac

I saw the blog about the updates to live tv in 3.0.8100.0 and was excited to try these out.  I updated this morning and now I can no longer watch live tv in the web client.  When I select a channel and click play, all I get is the loading swirl animation.  I tried the record option which does seem to start the recording.  However, when I go to the recordings section of live tv and try to play the file, I get the same loading swirl and nothing else. 

Here's a link to my log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9445055/Log.txt

Note: I have two live tv configurations, the serverWMC plugin and two HDHomeRun tuners configured with XML guide.  The issue occurs if I select channels from either configuration.

Update: Live TV works if I wait a minute.  The recordings still do not work.

Edited by inzombyac

There were serverwmc updates during the time this was in beta, so make sure both the  plugin and software are up to date.

inzombyac

Everything is up to date with the plugins.  The server plugin is 1.0.0.73.  The ServerWMC version is 1.0.0.61 (1239 build).  The problem occurs with tuners in the ServerWMC setup as well as the direct setup in Emby for HDHomeRun tuners.  I downgraded serverwmc to build 1236 (stable) and the issue still occurs.

I tried with Emby Theater too and that just gives me the loading animation.  The prior server version had no issues.  Anything else I should try?

inzombyac

Tried the latest beta this morning and live TV works faster.  I still cannot watch an active recording.  I found a record-transcode file in the log files and it there was an error in it.  Is that related?  The log indicates it was writing to "http://localhost:8096/LiveTv/LiveStreamFiles/48edc74efa6e4bbfa0699649c2f6b59f/stream.ts" I tried to access that stream in the browser and the page just loads forever.

record-transcode-7b647a74-5e40-4c88-be7c-632b14ccd3d1.txt

inzombyac

Do you have the option set to convert your recordings?

I do and when I turn it off, I can watch in progress recordings.  I guess the two are incompatible.