External Connection results in Connection Failure

tet

so today i launched Emby server as i allways do and found out that i couldnt connect to it from outside the network using LTE/G4. when i got back to wifi range there was no problem. 

Have been running emby for a month now without a problem so i cant figure out whats wrong. 

Hi there, please try our Connection Troubleshooter.

Please go through the steps and let us know if they all succeed or if any of them fail. Thanks !

Thanks for your reply, i uninstalled emby just to install it all fresh and the new setup.exe for windows is giving me this Windows Security popup saying that DFSVC no certificate available, no certificates meet the application criteria.

click OK to continue and after that comes another popup Application installation did not succeed. Cannot locate application files on the server.

what the fak

Edit: im on latest win10 version

Edited by tet

Can you try the installer again? thanks.

Issues installing Emby was resolved in Version 3.0.8200.0 :) 

everything works as it should when devices are connected to same wifi as host/server machine.

External Connections doesn't work at all.

-added open port TCP 80 and 8096 rules to windows firewall and my Bitdefender Total Security Firewall.

-added port forwarding rule to router (TCP 80 and 8096)

External connections just wont work anymore.

Issues installing Emby was resolved in Version 3.0.8200.0 :) 

everything works as it should when devices are connected to same wifi as host/server machine.

External Connections doesn't work at all.

-added open port TCP 80 and 8096 rules to windows firewall and my Bitdefender Total Security Firewall.

-added port forwarding rule to router (TCP 80 and 8096)

External connections just wont work anymore.

Since you have installed fresh now, please try our Connection Troubleshooter.

Please go through the steps and let us know if they all succeed or if any of them fail. Thanks !

• 7 months later...

Fast forward 7 months and i tried installing Emby again just to find out that this issue still hasnt been resolved. LAN works WAN doesnt no matter what i do. 

-open port TCP 8096 in router... no luck

-open port TCP 8096 in windows firewall... no luck

-open port TCP 8096 in BitDefender firewall... no luck

-disable both firewalls... no luck

-disable router firewall... no luck

-add my server ip as DMZ... no luck

-ask my wizard friend to do some magic on this machine... no luck

-uninstall Emby and switch back to Plex... Problem Resolved

mastrmind11

There's nothing to resolve considering thousands of users are not experiencing the issue you're describing.

Are you using Emby Connect or direct?

There's nothing to resolve considering thousands of users are not experiencing the issue you're describing.

Are you using Emby Connect or direct?

Im using Plex 

Hi @@tet, what you are perceiving as an Emby issue simply means that we weren't able to open your ports for you automatically. If you handle this on your own then you'd have no problems. 

• 4 months later...

Hi, last week we got a new modem installed and now Emby remote works without a problem so it had something to do with the port rules that i couldnt figure out.Everything is great now and im turning back to Emby