[BUG] DLNA Play To Broken

SHOCKWAVE

thanks to everyone who helped test. now that all features are restored, our dlna/upnp layer should now be better than ever. it is certainly much lighter on it's feet than it was before and uses far fewer system resources.

SHOCKWAVE

Already done. :D

thanks to everyone who helped test. now that all features are restored, our dlna/upnp layer should now be better than ever. it is certainly much lighter on it's feet than it was before and uses far fewer system resources.

Great!

thanks again for the work done on this.

Bartouille

Hi there,

I hate to say that but I have the same issue again with 3.0.83 official and 3.1.196 beta ? It's working when reverting to 3.0.73 official or 3.1.195 beta (no more available on github but I kept it when last testing)

I'm on it since yesterday morning when I wanted to get the last releases. I thought it was my extended testings that broke my server but when reinstalling all the stuff from scratch, it definetely doesn't work :-(

Are you experiencing same troubles ?

Thx

Edited by Bartouille

Likewise 8300 and current Dev 3.1.6139.26117 dev doesn't work with my PS4 or PS3

Can anyone post a link to 7300 so I can get emby working again?

• 2 weeks later...
Bartouille

I'm sticking to 3.0.73 which is working. Btw, nothing in the changelog for 3.0.84 seems related to a DLNA fix, only an "Update music dlna views"

I've been having a issues with a LG 65LA9700-TA not being detected in the Play To menu, I'm currently on version 3.0.8500.0 (just updated it and havent had a chance to test it yet).

It wasn't working on 3.0.8400.0 so we'll see if this update makes any difference. 

It was working with my WDTV but now thats not appearing in the play to list anymore, neither is my LG TV. Not really sure whats going on. 

Bancko007

Hello everybody,

I use only DLNA from the licensed modules.
Why I have a lifetime license acquired last year.
The latest version (8500) no longer opens the port 1901
The connections to external source via https has never worked.
What is not surprising, since the external connection is not passed. (XML file)
I use Emby to manage and keep ready video files.
About the Kodi player I play the files, causing no CPU load.

I would be very grateful if the module can what is promised.

The Server is insalled on Debian 8.

I have make a rollback with fsarchiver (3-4 times) and have now the unstable Version 3.1.6106.19259~dev-76.1

Here is open the port 1901.

Edited by Bancko007

Bancko007

The port 1901 is not open at the latest Version (3.0.8500). (netstat -tulpen)

Port 1900 is open, but Kodi says: "No connection"

After testing, i have made the rollback.

eddiepropane

Hi,

I think I am having similar issues with my Panasonic 58DX902B.

It had been affected by the recent DLNA changes on the beta branch which stopped files playing and gave PlayTo issues, these have already been discussed and fixed in 3.1.211,

I updated to 3.1.212 and the DLNA server no longers shows on my TV which seems communication related also.

I can confirm that a roll-back to 3.1.211 solves the issue and DLNA server shows up again.

I turned on debug logging in 3.1.212 but the TV nor it's IP show up in the logs at all whereas on 3.1.211 I can see it connecting and working although it does have a lot of PlayTo errors in the log (I do not use PlayTo but I have ammended to profile to direct stream UHD, DTS-HD etc as the TV accepts most codecs and containers directly and not sure if that causes issues but happy to test once the DLNA connection issue is fixed if needed).

Thanks, Bob.