Android TV - Refresh Guide Requires Device Reboot

dbowles1975
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

dbowles1975

When the guide refreshes the EPG information disappears and clicking on any channel from the guide returns a video playback error. Clicking any other link that redirects to live TV still works so it's just the guide that breaks. Signing out and back in doesn't help. You have to reboot the device completely in order for the guide to repopulate and for the streams to return to working order.

I also tested this on Android mobile and the web player and did not see this issue. So far it's only Android TV that has this issue. 

dbowles1975

What do you mean by "when the guide refreshes"?

What version of the app are you running?

I use an m3u playlist with auth tokens that expire every four hours so I have the refresh guide task run every four hours starting at midnight. If I turn on the device at 6:30AM and leave it on until 8:30AM shortly after 8:00AM all of the guide data disappears and clicking on any channel in the guide results in a video playback error. If you back out of the guide and click on any other link that redirects to live TV (e.g. "On Now") it works fine. In order to restore guide data and stop receiving video playback errors I have to cycle power on the device. I don't have this problem if I use the guide through Chrome or on my phone running Android 6.0.1

I think it's version 1.2.31 but I'm not at home to confirm. Whatever the most recent version is. 

• Solution

Okay, that is a situation not anticipated I guess so I'll have to see how to address that in a future release.

With the current beta of the app (and next release) you will not have to cycle the device.  Simply logging out of the app and back in should refresh it for you.

• Like 1

dbowles1975

Okay, that is a situation not anticipated I guess so I'll have to see how to address that in a future release.

With the current beta of the app (and next release) you will not have to cycle the device.  Simply logging out of the app and back in should refresh it for you.

Thanks!