"Display Type" field no longer in Metadata Manager

cylon

The "Display Type" <Type> field has disappeared from Metadata Manager since upgrading to 3.0.5131.18923.

Edit it in xml directly for now. It is only used for one purpose and that's for the cover art plugin. However, the amount of confusion it generates for both CA and non-CA users means we need to rethink how it's going to be in the metadata manager, if it's going to be there.

• Like 1

Me too. I hope that you in one way or another, get it done so that I can tell mbs that it is a blu-ray muxed to mkv and not a lousy 1080p encode in an bad way ... and show it in mbt as an blu-ray ... Especially now that I can not automatically be see bitrate etc. before I start a movie.

Koleckai Silvestri

You could extend the API to allow plugins to specify their own XML tags within the Metadata Editor.

You could extend the API to allow plugins to specify their own XML tags within the Metadata Editor.

we could but that's overkill. in mb3 we've really tried to avoid custom fields for plugins because they're not a part of the api docs and none of the ui developers end up knowing about them or taking the time to use them. 

• Like 1