Music Woes

reddevilmeuk
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

reddevilmeuk

Right been using the app for a bit now, video's are fab no issue, music videos fab understand the manual sync etc.

I have a real issue with music. Emby has two libraries music albums and music compilations.

Issue 1

I scanned the music albums and then got Kodi to see the new node, and did a manual sync. it now sees my music, however quite a lot of artisits are not shown. I've tried manual sync, full sync and nothing. The only way I can get it to be seen is in Kodi do an update.

Issue 2

I have 3 installations of kodi in the house and 2 installations can see all my various artists albums, 1 of the installation cannot. I have tried everything under the sun with no joy..... really confused on how emby works with music :)

any help | tut would be great.

reddevilmeuk

I've reinstalled emby server | kodi and tried each setting when configuring the music (direct and not) get the same results each time.

If i use the file structure with native kodi (no emby) it's fine. If i launch emby theatre its fine

side question should it work just like videos?

Angelblue05

I just pushed out a new beta with changes I made to music to hopefully rectify the situation.

Can you try the latest beta version (2.2.43)? Let me know how it goes? Try running a repair sync for music only. If that doesn't work, try doing a reset of your local database (in case some entries really can't be repaired, a clean slate is better). If it's still not working, please provide your log from when your content is resyncing after the reset.

You can get the beta version from the beta repo or our no sideloading method inside the public testing folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Emby for Kodi is not like other emby apps. We don't just display content, we have to add the entries into the Kodi database. I know there's been issues with missing artists, that's why I reviewed the process. I'm fairly confident all artists will display now. Note this is beta, so there may be a few bugs, if you encounter any, just report and I'll get it fix asap. Thanks.

What do you mean, by should it work just like videos?

reddevilmeuk

i mean if i add a video it will change on the fly like add | remove | watched status. should music do the same? also what happens if i use update from within kodi rather than the emby app

reddevilmeuk

when resetting the local database i get Library sync thread has exited. You should restart kodi now. Please report this on the forum TypeError (musicvideos.py.123)

Angelblue05

Oops, can you post the error found in Kodi log? I'll get it fixed right away and provide you with a new build, thanks. I've changed some code and I'm still working to get the errors squashed.

Edited by Angelblue05

reddevilmeuk
23:45:43 T:18372  NOTICE: EMBY.ga_client -> ERROR:: ('C:\\Users\\Mikey\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.emby\\resources\\lib\\objects\\musicvideos.py', 123, 'added', 'if self.add_update(item, view):')

23:45:43 T:18372  NOTICE: EMBY.ga_client -> ERROR:: TypeError - musicvideos.py:123

23:45:43 T:18372  NOTICE: EMBY.ga_client -> GA: {'el': 'musicvideos.py:123', 'uid': '52ea949b8fa68407d8739601cfcc3df6', 'cid': 'c73167c36e3dec5d58b7127ef5d13da0', 'v': '1', 'ea': 'TypeError', 'ec': 'Exception', 'an': 'Kodi4Emby', 't': 'event', 'av': '2.2.43', 'tid': 'UA-85356267-1', 'aid': '1', 'ua': u'KodiStudy-Windows', 'ds': 'plugin'}

23:45:43 T:18372  NOTICE: EMBY.librarysync -> ERROR:: decorator() takes exactly 1 argument (3 given)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Mikey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 856, in run

self.run_internal()

File "C:\Users\Mikey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 948, in run_internal

librarySync = self.startSync()

File "C:\Users\Mikey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 109, in startSync

completed = self.fullSync()

File "C:\Users\Mikey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 307, in fullSync

completed = process[itemtype](embycursor, kodicursor, pDialog)

File "C:\Users\Mikey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 671, in musicvideos

mvideos.add_all("MusicVideo", all_mvideos, view)

File "C:\Users\Mikey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\objects\common.py", line 83, in add_all

process(items, total, view)

File "C:\Users\Mikey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\objects\musicvideos.py", line 123, in added

if self.add_update(item, view):

TypeError: decorator() takes exactly 1 argument (3 given)

23:46:03 T:9264  NOTICE: EMBY.websocket_client -> Message: {"MessageType":"LibraryChanged","Data":{"FoldersAddedTo":[],"FoldersRemovedFrom":[],"ItemsAdded":[],"ItemsRemoved":[],"ItemsUpdated":[]}}

23:48:16 T:10436  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 6 times.

23:48:16 T:10436   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 500

23:48:16 T:10436   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 500 for http://192.168.1.11:80/web/movielist?dirname=%2Fmedia%2Fhdd%2Fmovie%2F

23:48:16 T:10436   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://192.168.1.11:80/web/movielist?dirname=%2Fmedia%2Fhdd%2Fmovie%2F>

23:48:16 T:10436   ERROR: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Vu::GetRecordings Error fetching lists for folder: '/media/hdd/movie/'

23:48:38 T:9264  NOTICE: EMBY.websocket_client -> Message: {"MessageType":"LibraryChanged","Data":{"FoldersAddedTo":[],"FoldersRemovedFrom":[],"ItemsAdded":[],"ItemsRemoved":[],"ItemsUpdated":[]}}

23:49:59 T:12112  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 5 times.
  • Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

There you go, just install this build over the current one and try again. 

Edit: I pushed to build as 2.2.44 (latest beta)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

reddevilmeuk

will revisit this tomorrow as it's past midnight here and i'm knackered :)

thanks for your help, speak tomorrow

• Like 1

reddevilmeuk

Been a busy evening however I've tried 3 out of 4 machines and now have positive results :-) I can see all the music even from various artists. I haven't tried doing any more testing like adding / removing etc but all looks good.

One thing I had to do is a full database reset on 2 of the machines, but this is probably because I did manual updates in Kodi.

One thing I did notice however is that it didn't seem to pick up a sort title and ignored it using the real title.

Angelblue05 your a star :-)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I haven't checked to see if Kodi does have a field for sort title in music. Thanks for letting me know, I worked really hard to get this right, so I'm glad to hear you are seeing everything now :)

Edited by Angelblue05