direct access the files over dlna

acnp77

will do... thanks

on the other hand:

in post #7 the problem is described exactly and in detail, as requested by you... and it also states very clearly: "- I tried to use MB-Server and kodi clients with DLNA and no transcoding in my LAN (No kodi-emby-addon), as this is the setup that suits my need the best."

did you even read the post?

Edited by acnp77

Happy2Play

To me it sound more like a Kodi config since you can send "Play-to" anything you want to Kodi, but Kodi can't get "DLNA" everything properly.

But you still need to produce logs requested showing transcoding to determine why.

ok, I wil try to get some log files that can provide you some useful information. thanks.

I do not think it is a Kodi config issue- there are no further options for DLNA in kodi as far as I know. The "play to" - is also "DLNA" (In the "play-to"-menu I have 2 entries for Kodi-client, one for the addon and one for DLNA, I am talking about the "sent to DLNA-Client"). It does not matter if the stream is sent or requested, in both cases DLNA is used. This should not really make any difference...

@@Luke

I am prepared to put in the effort and get togeather some logs to prove to you that mb server transcodes a lot that it should not. (I know we are in the "dlna"-post but just to say this concerns streaming to dlna-client and app's)

I found this very interesting post:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29478-feature-to-force-directplay-only-without-any-detection-and-disable-all-transcoding/&do=findComment&comment=282331

It seems other users also have the same problems... gordan has explaind in detail... but no one seems to care too much. All I hear is "here we go again..." and "what if an unexperianced user toches that?" - this can not be an excuse.

It is a fact that MB transcode lot's of media that is does not have to. I have a low-power-cpu in my server and do not want to use transcoding at all. MB does not provide a simple option- but claims to do it automatically- but it simply does not work 100%- so why not provide an override?  My server is slow and all my clients play all my content. I know that for a fact. But MB does not. I cant always be on the watch for unnessesary transcoding.

SO: If I get the prove, will you take it seriously? I do not want to waste my time.

One thing a can tell you right now: Missing metadata can cause transcoding, even if not needed. This alone can make MB 100% useless to certain users. 

Thanks again- cheers :)