Asked to upgrade to Emby Premier on mobile data

casminkey

casminkey

Frequently, outside of the network (usually on mobile data), the app won't play video's or show the tv guide and I'm asked to either purchase the app or Emby Premier. I'm already an Emby Premier member. 

I select, Already Paid, then I Have Emby Premier and it tells me to make sure it's setup on the Server dashboard... which it is.

I tried clearing the cache and all data from the App, uninstall/reinstall... keep happening.  When I'm on my Wifi, it seems to work fine. Only seems to happen outside of my network.

On my router, i'm forwarding TCP ports 8096 and 8920 to my Emby server. Am I missing a port just for Emby Premier?

Any other idea's?

• 2 weeks later...
casminkey

I actually don't recall this happening since I posted this. Maybe it was fixed? It'd be nice to know if an update to the app addressed this.

Hooraah, are you still having this problem?

There was an issue with app version 2.8.12 although it would only affect a subset of users. It could have caused this though, yes. 2.8.13 resolved that particular issue.

More than likely what probably happened was it tried to validate and the network request to our admin server failed and that's why you saw the prompt.

rstanfill91

i am still having this issue. i ungraded the os on both of my Odroid C2's and when i redownloaded emby for android app i keep getting this prompt to pay for premiere even tho i already have premiere. Please help i am unable to use emby even locally through the app anymore. 

I actually don't recall this happening since I posted this. Maybe it was fixed? It'd be nice to know if an update to the app addressed this.

Hooraah, are you still having this problem?

Yes, randomly.  

I updated the app, and it seemed to be working fine for awhile, then today it just started asking me to pay for it again.  No rhyme or reason for it that I can see.

I understand that you all need to protect your investment and time put into this project, but as a lifetime member, I would really appreciate a 'once and done' authentication of the app on my phone.

While this isn't the place for it, I have also had this issue with the windows store app on my tablet that often does not have internet access, and I'd like to watch my videos in offline mode.  I only point it out because its a recurring frustration.