How do you connect to emby server hosted on Webpass ISP?

jonselin

jonselin

Webpass is a IPv6 ISP. As such it does not have routable IPv4 addresses externally (and does not support IPv4 dynamic DNS services like dyndns).

How can I connect to emby that is hosted on a machine on this ISP? What setup do I need to do on my router/firewall/emby itself to make this work?

Just to be clear, this is not a firewall issue

-Ports are open in firewalls. I have inbound & outbound rules for ports 8096 and 8920 in the firewall on the computer..

-Ports are forwarded in the router. 8096 and 8920 are forwarded to the right computer.

-Services like canyouseeme.org does NOT work as they use IPv4, however IPv6 testers like ipv6-test.com works

Happy2Play

Does http://[insert IPv6 address in brackets]:8096 work?  Does the Dashboard show your IPv6 address?

Edited by Happy2Play

jonselin

Update. Connecting directly to the IPv6 address of the machine works, or using something like dyndns updater with IPv6 only. This requires manual connection though, weirdly trying to connect with emby connect just refuses my log in credentials and gives me a "wrong password/username" prompt even though it is the correct username (works on local network).

Happy2Play

You would need to post your server log for someone to possibly see the issue.  You will probably want to sanitize it to not show your external ip though.