Refresh Guide Removes Manually Added Channel Images

dbowles1975

dbowles1975

I have an m3u playlist with an auth token that expires every four hours so every four hours I automatically run a Python script that generates a new m3u playlist and 1 minute later Emby refreshes the guide to update the playlist. This works just fine but because the channel numbering is unconventional SD does not pull images and I have to add them manually. Emby is deleting those images every time the guide refreshes. Is there any way to prevent this? 

Is any info about the channel changing? the only way i can see that happening is if the server thinks it's a whole new channel.

Ah, I'm guessing the url must be changing? that causes the server to treat it as a new channel. This will have to be a known issue for now. We'll look into it for a future release. Thanks.

dbowles1975

Is any info about the channel changing? the only way i can see that happening is if the server thinks it's a whole new channel.

Nope. I just ran the script and compared the playlists. The only thing that changes is the auth token. 

With a simple m3u that doesn't change I cannot reproduce this, sorry. So obviously some data is changing causing the server to treat it as an entirely new channel. We'll have to review it for a future release. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
dbowles1975

With a simple m3u that doesn't change I cannot reproduce this, sorry. So obviously some data is changing causing the server to treat it as an entirely new channel. We'll have to review it for a future release. thanks.

Luke, I did some more testing and it looks like the auth token is causing the issue. Not only do images disappear but the channel names also disappear. Here is a redacted sample from the playlist:

#EXTINF:01 ESPNews
http://dnae1.placeistreamfrom.tv:XXXX/viewstvn/ch01q1.stream/playlist.m3u8?wmsAuthSign=c2VydmVyX3RpbWU9MTAvMjIvMjAxNiA2OjQxOjM0IFBNJmhhc2hfdmFsdWU9d1UvYW5qUnBXUE5MYVNqNGp4UkI1UT09JnZhbGlkbWludXRlcz0yNDAmaWQ9NTQzNg==

Everything before AuthSign= stays the same through a refresh while everything after is subject to change. Is there any way to keep the channel info intact through a refresh? Thanks.