offline support

acnp77

acnp77

@@Luke

Sorry for the many posts, I will try to hold back and also contrib in the future :) but I need to know something about offline usage of MB Server as I read a disturbing post about people not beeing able to use MB with no internet-access.

Call me old fashioned, but I want to use my local library without the need for internet access. This is a matter of philosophy for me and I think it makes sense. I should be able to use my local media locally.

I have an MB-Server in my local LAN and I only use webinterface and kodi/emdy-addon (native mode) which are in the same network. I do not use emby-connect and I do not use any apps with online components. I trust my setup runs 100% locally (except the metaadata scrapers, which is ok).

When the clients are away from home they connect directly (port forwarding, ip address) to MB-Server. Here also I trust there are no further connections made that I am not aware of. Can you confirm that?

As far as I know internet access is used for:

1. metadata

2. emy connect

3. some online components in apps like ios app, emby theatre (windows?)

-> did I miss anything???

Thank you for clarifing that

Cheers

I'd be interested to know this as well: internet often goes down in my part of the world, so if it turns out that Emby needs a live internet connection, I'll be looking for an alternative!

Koleckai Silvestri

Aside from checking Premiere staus and gathering metadata, my server doesn't have access to the internet. Nor can clients connect to it from outside my LAN. End users would have to connect to my VPN before they can connect to the server.

I've used Emby several times without internet access in the home. The web client and Roku apps worked just fine for me.

• Like 1