watched episodes

inesergio

inesergio

This occurs more frequently now. Sometimes I watch a episode and hours later its marked unwatched by kodi. when this occurs in emby server its also marked unwatched. Im using trakt at emby server both options have a task to run daily, maybe this is the problem? update shows in trakt and download watched status from trakt. (from memory)

Angelblue05

It's not a problem with trakt or the add-on. Make sure you disable sync watched status to nfos in your server dashboard > metadata > nfo settings. Also, make sure no 3rd party is rewriting the nfos (like sonarr). Disable any setting that will write to nfos.

If you search the forums, it's pretty easy to find the solution...

• Like 1

inesergio

It's not a problem with trakt or the add-on. Make sure you disable sync watched status to nfos in your server dashboard > metadata > nfo settings. Also, make sure no 3rd party is rewriting the nfos (like sonarr). Disable any setting that will write to nfos.

If you search the forums, it's pretty easy to find the solution...

that setting is misleading. I thought that was a safeguard if anything was wrong with trakt. I disabled that but may I ask if I have to delete the watched tag from the nfos? because some have the watched set to false and now I suspect that it wont be changed.

I did search but was looking in the kodi subforum and didn't find a solution

Angelblue05

The issue with the setting is the following scenario: the server writes the watched status to nfo, then 3rd party rewrites the nfo without the watch status in it. The server updates from the nfo, everything gets marked as unwatched. I believe the setting's default behavior has been adjusted since to be disabled because it causes this adverse effect when 3rd party rewrite nfos.

I literally typed: "watched unwatched kodi" and found 4 posts with the same solution in it.  ;)

Anyway, it should resolve your issue. The add-on just syncs server content/metadata (it doesn't do anything on it's own, it's all trigger based).

Edited by Angelblue05

inesergio

The thing is I don't use any third party program or addon but will try and see if it's solved.

the search at tapatalk must be different I just used those keywords and at least the first 30 threads were for different problems. But that's not important

edit: thank you

Edited by inesergio
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Interesting, hmmm then somehow your nfos must be losing their watched status. Does date modified on file change? You'll have to check your server logs - check timestamps to see what is the cause then. Do you save image path to nfos (server dashboard > metadata > nfo settings)?

Edited by Angelblue05