Question about notifications

WonkoTheSane

horstepipe

It's not a bug there's just no settings for Emby news notifications. When you add a notification service you will be notified of Emby news, including releases.

@@Luke and to all devs:

I won't pay for a service that spams me and especially my users with those "ads".

You had the time to make it mandatory for everyone since last release, so please take the time to make it optional for supporters.

Thank you for the feedback. We will continue to look at improving notifications in future releases of Emby Server.

• 4 weeks later...
horstepipe

Hi again,

2 things:

1) I mentioned above that notifications are also send for new folders (at least for new folders in a movie library).

Is this intended or a bug? 

2) I kind of understand trying to avoid flooding the user with "new content" notifications, especially considering 

push services which might take this as a spam attack. BUT wouldn't it be feasible to have the notification plugins

decide how many notifications to send out or how to "bundle" them? Some notification plugins may well be able to

handle a library update of a couple of 100 or more items. For example, for my personal use, I've written a plugin

which just writes the received notifications to a log file at a given path. There would be no issue here if all notifications  

were send to this plugin - at least none I can think of from the top of my head.

Thanks for your time, Luke.

Regards

Matthias

For #2 that probably makes sense, but we'll need community help to go through all the notification plugins and decide how each will handle it and build whatever is needed.

And for #1?

@@Luke

At the moment, when library monitor is enabled, you're getting two notifications for one move (one for the folder and one for the file).

When the library monitor detects the movie, you get "movietitle was added". When a scheduled library scan processes, you'll get "moviefoldertitle was added".

Ok you could say that when library monitor is enabled you don't need to scan, but I think it is more safe to scan now and then in addition.

Best regards

Edited by horstepipe