Getting filename of the EpisodeInfo in a IRemoteMetadataProvider

pulse00

pulse00

I'm implementing a IRemoteMetadataProvider which needs to parse the filename of the current item. The GetMetadata() method provides an EpisodeInfo object, but i don't see any API to retrieve the filename related to that episode.

Is this possible somehow?

It's not there because there might not be a file. It's the responsibility of the metadata provider to simply take the search criteria that it is given and perform a lookup with that.

pulse00

I see. The problem is that i've previously accomplished the filename parsing using an ILocalMetadataProvider, which worked but now it seems that the local metadata provider overwrites any manual metadata changes on that episode. It looks like the first metadataprovider which matches wins, and in this case it overwrites the Nfo provider which would probably read the additional metadat from the nfo file.

Do you have any tip how to parse additional metadata from the filename?

pulse00

The Web UI mentions: "Rank your preferred local metadata sources in order of priority. The first file found will be read."

Does this mean that if my custom local metadata provider is ordered above the NFO provider, that only the information from the custom provider is used and any additional information found in the nfo file (created when manually editing an item) is ignored?

pulse00

It looks like the IItemResolver is the right place to do such a thing: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki/Automatic-Type-Discovery

Follow up question: Is there a way to extend a MovieResolver directly instead of implementing the raw interface? (i'm new to c# and it seems the nuget MediaBrowser.Server.Core does not expose classes from that package).