Continue with Kodi WHEN Emby is off line

e123enitan
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

e123enitan

@@Angelblue05 , I have this dilemma, my Kodi is linked to 2 servers, DVBViewer for Live TV and Emby, whiles Emby server is down for temporary maintenance, how do you overcome Kodi login prompt refusing access to continued with Kodi to watch Live TV. What I have experienced is, when the Emby server is down U get a prompt to login, but since the server is not ONLINE, the login prompt behaviour is it would not allow Kodi to proceeds, however, if  U chose cancelled to continue with Kodi, it would launch Kodi/emby setup screen which is bad as it reveals all  settings configurations such as the IP address etc. Eventually, I get into Kodi, but the process is not smooth.

Could it be possible to add something to the login screen that if after few second it would still allow to logged into Kodi but the empty side would not work since the server side is down, whiles Kodi continue to auto ping the server till it is available, So if a prompt message is added with Emby is server offline down to continue with Kodi "Yes" or anything that would make the process simple. Hope I make sense!. ;)

Thanks 

• Solution
Angelblue05

What version are you running? In beta 2.2.39, I've fixed the login situation already; if the server was offline but user was already set, to not ask for login credentials (this was an unintentional bug I introduced a few builds ago). You should now be able to use Kodi, without Emby interfering (it will continue to try to locate the server quietly)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

What version are you running? In beta 2.2.39, I've fixed the login situation already; if the server was offline but user was already set, to not ask for login credentials (this was an unintentional bug I introduced a few builds ago). You should now be able to use Kodi, without Emby interfering (it will continue to try to locate the server quietly)

Hi Bud, I just upgrade to 2.2.39, I can confirm the issue have been resolved, awesome-Cheers 

• Like 1