Media Browser Classic - How to Apply Themes

Willo
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Media Browser 3 after getting a recommendation from a work collegue.  This is a great tool and it's working perfect off a VM instance of Media Browser 3 server and Media Browser Classic on the same machine.

The tutorials are so good, as is the product that this is all set up within 30 minutes and I am playing the movies back to an XBOX 360 extender.

I have installed a theme plug-in "Chocolate" but the classic app still looks the same in WMC, am I doing something wrong??

Cheers and thank you

Willo

I think you might have just run into the instance that recently the "Chocolate" theme became the default them. So switching between the two should look exactly the same. It should work if you try a different theme outside of Chocolate.

I managed to get chocolate working in the end, wondering how u get the cover art smaller though. It takes up a fair chunk of the screen.

Thank you for the info though.

BATTLE DONKEY

I think you might have just run into the instance that recently the "Chocolate" theme became the default them. So switching between the two should look exactly the same. It should work if you try a different theme outside of Chocolate.

Has the updated MBC rolled out already? MBC says its up to date for me and my default theme is still the old blue background theme

No, the update has not gone out.

After you install a theme, you need to select it in the config pages inside MBC.  You can have multiple themes installed and switch between them.

To adjust the size of the covers, select the little cog wheel in the tool bug in the upper right.  Then select the "View" menu and you can increase and decrease the size of the posters there.

Awesome thank you.

Is there a way to reload the movie info if it downloads the wrong version of selling movie or a movie of the same name but like a 1940's version?

Awesome thank you.

Is there a way to reload the movie info if it downloads the wrong version of selling movie or a movie of the same name but like a 1940's version?

See the tutorial on the server and editing metadata and supplying either production years in the name or directly editing the tmdb/imdb id.

• 2 weeks later...
kernelgui

Can anybody tell me how to change the extender theme back to classic now that chocolate is the default.  It doesn't appear to let me choose the configuration icon on the xbox and my main media center is set to classic.  Now my xbox extender hangs all the time when trying to scroll through movies.  I miss my media browser.  It is a wonderful, wonderful app.

kernelgui

Hello ebr.  Thank you for the incredibly quick reply.  I have tried of course, and can select it only on the media center PC.  On the extender (xbox 360) clicking the configuration icon gives an error message about not being able to run the configurator (which I presumed was a natural limitation of the extender).  I was going to try editing configuration manually on the media center PC similar to the method talked about in this thread tonight (http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2836-cant-delete-files-on-extender/?hl=%2Bextender+%2Bchocolate)

• Solution

What configuration icon are you clicking?

There is a config icon inside MBC itself.  This is where you select themes, not in the configurator (which is an external application).

kernelgui

Hello again ebr,

Again I thank you very much for all your correspondence.  I am still left a little puzzled but fully functional now.  Over the weekend I tried at least 10 times to try changing the theme back to classic on my xbox extender without success.  I even went as far as disabling the extender, ensuring that my main media center box was just running classic, and connecting the xbox up as a new extender.  I repeated this twice.  On all my attempts at clicking on the configure icon, the extender would show a dialog something like "Cannot launch media browser configurator".  Unfortunately I don't remember the exact wording of the dialog.  When I got home last night to try and take a picture, the very first attempt was successful and my extender is now running classic as smoothly as ever.

Regards,

Neil