Anime Plugin

Dazik

Hello everyone,

Is there any news on the Anime Plugin? Scanning the forums hasn't really given me much information. As far as I can tell it's been broken awhile and the creator seems to have abandoned it. Is anyone actively working towards some replacement/fix?

Anime is one of the main reasons I swapped back to MediaBrowser a couple of years ago. Would be a shame to have to swap again just because I'm missing a plugin.

Cheers

• Like 1

Do tvdb and Moviedb not have sufficient data?

Sorry for the delay, Luke.

TVdb/MDB uses seasons which most anime only has after it is dubbed to English. For example, One Piece is 18 seasons on TVdb, for an example of the correct listing here is AniDB (scroll to the bottom for episode list). This equates to around 750 episodes that should all be in a single folder. In this example, I previously had all 700+ in a "Season 1" folder in which the Anime Plugin happily pulled the correct metadata from AniList/AniDB for every single one.

For the past few months with the Anime plugin not working my episodes are like this:

One Piece 732
No Metadata

As with the Anime Plugin it would be absolutely perfect, such as (pulling data from an older episode):

One Piece 695 - Risking Their Lives! Luffy Is the Trump Card for Victory!
Image / Rating / Etc (all working)
Rebecca makes it to the Flower Field alone, but unfortunately finds company there that is less than friendly! Meanwhile, Bartolomeo pushes himself to the limit in order to help Luffy advance, but does he leave himself vulnerable in the process? Meanwhile, Sabo tastes Fujitora's full might!

To put it simply, for Anime as is you would need to manually change each episode from their correct format to match tvDB, this has actually been the way a lot of people have done it for YEARS now. However, MediaBrowser was one of the first that could actually do it correctly, do to the plugin. Personally, I would rather have no metadata at all than change ~750 episodes. Luckily I don't like a whole lot of anime, but I know others that barely even watch a normal movie or show, a few I pointed towards Emby myself.

Edited by akensai

What if you rename the filename to One Piece ep732.ext, does it work to find the right metadata?

Sorry for the late response, been busy.

Doesn't seem to make any difference. The only option I've come across is the one mentioned (renaming for tvdb format).