Shield TV dying on Live TV

mastrmind11
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

mastrmind11

Added a shield to my mix of clients to test Android TV.  Installed Kodi (+plugins) and Emby app, live tv dies after attempting to play 3x.  Android mobile app plays live fine as does Chrome.  Upgraded to .730, same issue, same error.  Here's a log from a restart + live tv attempt on the shield:

http://pastebin.com/fWqw7qxk

Edited by mastrmind11

CBers

Added a shield to my mix of clients to test Android TV.  Installed Kodi (+plugins) and Emby app, live tv dies after attempting to play 3x.  Android mobile app plays live fine as does Chrome.  Upgraded to .730, same issue, same error.  Here's a log from a restart + live tv attempt on the shield:

http://pastebin.com/fWqw7qxk

What tuners are you using ??

If HDHomerun, then make sure you're on the latest firmware.

• Like 1

mastrmind11

What tuners are you using ??

If HDHomerun, then make sure you're on the latest firmware.

Yeah have the Prime.  That's probably the issue... I think the FW on it now is a 2015 version.  I'll give it a go tonight or tomorrow and report back.  Thanks

• Like 1

mastrmind11

Updated firmware.  No dice.  Same issue (same errors).  The HDHR app and Live Channels both work.

mastrmind11

So it's an issue when VAAPI is enabled.  I disabled it and Live TV works great.  Server version .730, Ubuntu 16.04, in case anyone else stumbles across this.

Out of curiosity, why is the stream from the HDHR to the Shield being transcoded?  It direct plays on Emby for Android.

Edited by mastrmind11

• Solution

Out of curiosity, why is the stream from the HDHR to the Shield being transcoded?  It direct plays on Emby for Android.

That can depend on a lot of things including settings in the app.  Did you re-enable the direct stream option?

• Like 1

mastrmind11

That can depend on a lot of things including settings in the app.  Did you re-enable the direct stream option?

Ok, found the option.  Didn't realize it had to be explicitly set.  Thanks!