Issues with Audio and Video in MKV Played in MBC

iam4uk

Media Browser Server  3.0.5115.35703

Media Browser Classic  3.0.108.0 81-7.1

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium MCE

Arcsoft TMT (5.2.120, 6.5.150 tested with same results)

MakeMKV BETA 1.8.7

Issues:  When playing certain MKV files from purchased blu-ray discs, video freezes while audio playback continues at certain points in the files (repeatable).  Skipping forward enables the video to play properly again, but the hangups will repeat and will always happen at the same points.  Also, at random points in playback, audio will "POP" loudly.

Observations:  These problems only happen when playback is initiated through MBC.  If I play the same MKV files from the Windows Explorer, or by opening them in TMT directly, the problems do not occur.  Thinking TMT might have been to blame, I tested different versions, including pre-Cinavia and post-Cinavia.  Same behavior regardless:  the problems only occur when playback is initiated via MBC.

The problems do not happen on very many MKV so far, but all have in common that they are relatively new disc releases (Criterion's "Days of Heaven," Marvel's "The Wolverine" are examples).  Testing direct playback from the blu-ray discs reveals that the problems are not present thereon -- logically, this was known, as the rips play fine if not started via MBC.

Has anyone else experienced such anomolies?  Does anyone have ideas about the cause or possible troubleshooting or solutions?

Thanks.

It has to be an issue with TMT that only happens when playback is initiated with the special method we use.  That method was never officially supported by Arcsoft but we were pushed to use it anyway as it was the only way to truly start the integrated player.  Which TMT external player type are you using?  Have you tried using the other one?

• Like 1

ebr, 

Per your message in this thread, I've troubleshot with the different TMT launchers (call them "desktop" and "MCE") from MBC.  I had been using the MCE version of TMT, which required no setup in MBC Configurator.  I tested "desktop" TMT by configuring that as the external player for MKV within MBC.

Results:  The anomalies do occur with MCE TMT, but do not occur with "desktop" TMT.

Problem:  My Logitech Harmony remote via iMON IR interface works with MCE TMT, but not with "desktop" TMT.  Workaround is android app for TMT remote, but if any of our community here knows how to get a Harmony working with "desktop" TMT, this would feel more like a solution than a temporary workaround to the MBC-launching-TMT anomaly.

Thanks for your helpful reply.