Issues adding media folder

pokmiuhy
Go to solution Solved by mastrmind11,

pokmiuhy

New user here...Very excited to get this up and running. Looks great!!

I've got an instance of Emby running on a poweredge server running ubuntu 14.04 and can be accessed from any machine in the house. I'm stuck going through the wizard because I keep getting permission errors. I've searched as much as I could and can't find an exact thread that gets me to a solution so here I am. 

All my media is stored on a separate Unraid server. I believe the issue is that the Emby server cannot "login" to the Unraid server and therefore gets denied access and gives me the error. 

Is it as simple as adding a user to Unraid so I can add the data source? 

pokmiuhy

I'm still running through the wizard and am at the step where i'm asked to select a media folder. I enter in the server location \\Server-IP\media

When I click OK, I get a pop up that says "There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to that location."

Although it really shouldn't be a problem. Are you sure there are no typos? If you enter that same path directly into windows explorer, what happens?

• Solution
mastrmind11

New user here...Very excited to get this up and running. Looks great!!

I've got an instance of Emby running on a poweredge server running ubuntu 14.04 and can be accessed from any machine in the house. I'm stuck going through the wizard because I keep getting permission errors. I've searched as much as I could and can't find an exact thread that gets me to a solution so here I am. 

All my media is stored on a separate Unraid server. I believe the issue is that the Emby server cannot "login" to the Unraid server and therefore gets denied access and gives me the error. 

Is it as simple as adding a user to Unraid so I can add the data source? 

You either need to mount the share on your Ubuntu box, or set up smb or nfs sharing on the NAS side.  If you mount the drive, you'd point to the mount point in the wizard.  If you set up sharing via nfs or smb, you'd point the wizard to the share, ie, nfs://path/to/share.   The \\Server-IP\media is Windows terminology... doesn't work in *nix

• Like 1

pokmiuhy

What if you try to add a folder instead of a share, for example, \\server\share\folder ?

I already do that. My mistake for not explaining that above. Missed a level.

pokmiuhy

Although it really shouldn't be a problem. Are you sure there are no typos? If you enter that same path directly into windows explorer, what happens?

I copy the path right from explorer on my windows machine.

pokmiuhy

You either need to mount the share on your Ubuntu box, or set up smb or nfs sharing on the NAS side.  If you mount the drive, you'd point to the mount point in the wizard.  If you set up sharing via nfs or smb, you'd point the wizard to the share, ie, nfs://path/to/share.   The \\Server-IP\media is Windows terminology... doesn't work in *nix

This was my first thought. I had to do something similar to deploy owncloud. I'll try that tonight and see if it works.

pokmiuhy

Worked. Thanks.