Plays then stops

justpig
Go to solution Solved by justpig,

justpig

Hello

I am having a bit of a problem with playback. The video starts plays for about a minute then freezes and stops any attempts to play any file after that results in an "emby error check log" notification.

Please find log attached.

kodi.log

justpig

Refreshed with the same result. This is for every video I have tried since 30.09.16. I tried using Openelec, Libreelec and Windows 10 all producing the same result.

Angelblue05

@@justpig

Can you provide the following: Enable debug in the emby add-on settings > advanced tab. Try to play something and post your new log. This will provide more information. Playback is currently being worked on to use new methods but I think you will have the same issue with our new playback update.

Edit: Actually seems your server becomes unreachable. Anyway, a debug log should provide more info.

14:13:12 T:2816  NOTICE: EMBY.downloadutils -> ERROR:: Server unreachable at: http://192.168.1.101:8096/emby/Users/fe1d9dc58e16404cae033a645b8bb8c8/Items/9640033768c71069c4e54e3feca34d50?format=json
Edited by Angelblue05

justpig

Played a file it lasted about 9 minutes. Stopped the file and tried to resume it which produced the "emby error notification".

Tried to replay this time lasted about a minute before it froze then stopped. Log attached.

kodi.log

kodi.log

Edited by justpig

Angelblue05

@@justpig

Thanks for the log. I don't believe your issue is related to Emby for Kodi. If you test in the webclient, do you experience this issue (if the file is played via HTTP)?

What I'm seeing is your server becomes unreachable and that's why the whole thing goes down (you are currently using the server to provide the file to Kodi via HTTP).  You might be able to mitigate playback stopping in Kodi by playing from SMB instead of HTTP, but you definitely have an issue with your server going offline. It's even causing the websocket to disconnected due to the server becoming unreachable when we report playback progress.

If you confirm this issue is not only isolated to Kodi, I'd suggest you post in the server forums with your server log to get to the bottom of this. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@justpig

I don't know what to say. Look in your latest log, and thats even before we loaded your user:

16:11:03 T:1840  NOTICE: EMBY.connectionmanager -> tryConnect url: http://192.168.1.101:8096/emby/system/info/public
16:11:03 T:1840  NOTICE: EMBY.connectionmanager -> DEBUG:: ConnectionManager requesting {'url': u'http://192.168.1.101:8096/emby/system/info/public', 'verify': False, 'timeout': 5, 'headers': {'X-Application': 'Kodi/2.2.38', 'Content-type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8', 'Accept': 'application/json'}}
16:11:08 T:1840  NOTICE: EMBY.connectionmanager -> ERROR:: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.101', port=8096): Max retries exceeded with url: /emby/system/info/public (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x0F13A170>, 'Connection to 192.168.1.101 timed out. (connect timeout=5)'))

Your server was unreachable. Check your server logs.

• Solution
justpig

Thanks for the support. I believe the problem was a faulty router. I have changed the router and everything is working well so far. 

• Like 1