Cannot connect to server (Win10 > iOS, Chrome, etc)

mezza550
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

mezza550

Hi there,

I've installed the emby server on my windows 10 machine, but I'm unable to connect to it with the iOS app, or through a normal web-browser on my home network. I am running Windows Firewall, and have made exception / rules for incoming port 8096. No dice. iOS app is able to "see" the server, but not connect to it.

When I completely disable windows firewall (gasp!) it works fine. I must be missing something obvious, but I don't see any other options. Thanks in advance for any help, looks like a great service so I can hopefully become a subscriber to the service. :)

57f1788ff3cd0_emby.jpg

57f17928d3b9a_IMG_4885.png

• Solution

Hi, check the windows firewall rules to ensure that no rules have been added to block the server process. it could have a name with Emby or mediabrowser.serverapplication.exe

• Like 1

mezza550

That was the ticket, thank you so much! There were 4 mediaserver rules built to block, and I just disabled them. Just curious though- how did those rules get created, where did they come from?

57f1dce2753e2_emby2.jpg

For whatever reason windows probably decided to add them. maybe you accidentally hit no when you were prompted to allow it through windows firewall. other than that not sure.

• Like 1