Adding mpc-be as a supported external player

steelman1991

steelman1991

@@ebr

Been tinkering with the idea of using WASAPI natively in either of the semi-related players (mpc-hc and mpc-be). Both have their own variants of WASAPI through their own Audio Renderers (therefore negating the need for reclock).

Given how close (to a layman's eyes, though I don't know what differences are under the hood) both these players seem to be. Would it be a simple task to afford mpc-be the same status as mpc-hc as an external player and have 'resume' functionality and correct implementation of 'watched' status. I only ask as I can get bit-perfect WASAPI implementation with mpc-be, but the mpc-hc variant is causing issues, which at this time I'm unable to resolve.

Just a thought.

I'm not planning to spend much time on adding more external player functionality but, if the two players use the exact same interface, can you just use the MPC-HC profile?

steelman1991

I'm not planning to spend much time on adding more external player functionality but, if the two players use the exact same interface, can you just use the MPC-HC profile?

Do you mean choose MPC-HC from configuration, then change path to mpc-be and 'configure my player'? If so, no I tried it and it doesn't work.

No problems, can live without resume and watched status, to get bit perfect audio without reclock. Thanks for the reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mean choose MPC-HC from configuration, then change path to mpc-be and 'configure my player'? If so, no I tried it and it doesn't work.

No problems, can live without resume and watched status, to get bit perfect audio without reclock. Thanks for the reply.

I've run into the same problem trying to get resume and watched status working properly with ZoomPlayer, also an MB3 "generic" player. I had manually set it up according to the list of changes you see when you tell it to configure MPC automatically... except this time I noticed the "set web interface to port 13579" (did that used to be there?) and changed ZP's settings accordingly. Now all works as it should!

I'm pretty sure you can do that with MPC-BE also? (In MPC-HC it's under Player > Web Interface.)

Edited by pagali

steelman1991

Thanks, but I changed all those options (including the web interface port) in mpc-be when I tested previously without success. Clearly there are other factors at work which required attention.

Thanks anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
nmbguy

Did you have any luck getting MPC-BE configured as an external player?  If so, how did you do it? 

Thanks

steelman1991

Did you have any luck getting MPC-BE configured as an external player?  If so, how did you do it? 

Thanks

Sorry missed your post. The purpose of my original post wasn't to suggest that MPC-BE wasn't working as an external player, just that some of the funcitonality wasn't available (resume and watched status).

Just set-up MPC-BE as you would MPC-HC in the MBC configurator and use 'generic', then set-up the path to mpc-be.exe. That's really all there is too it.