Dashboard-ui error

laszerus

laszerus

Just installed Emby and whenever I attempt to do much of anything (install a plug-in for instance) I get a "file cannot be found" error for the location http://localhost:8096/web/dlg1475424655789

the log file has this:

*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.1.174.0
Command line: C:\Users\Chad\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: C:\Users\Chad\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Chad\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Could not find file 'C:\Users\Chad\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\dlg1475424422686'.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
  at CommonIO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync)
  at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.PackageCreator.<GetResource>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.<GetStaticResult>d__10.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.<GetStaticResult>d__5.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.DashboardService.<Get>d__f.MoveNext()

I have tried re-installing 3 times, no change. It works for a few minutes, I can get to those pages fine, then this starts and I cannot get it working agian without a reinstall.

Any ideas? This is really driving me nuts.

Thanks

Hi, it looks like here you're hitting the refresh button in the browser with a popup open? can you describe the sequence of clicks leading to this? thanks.

laszerus

Hi, it looks like here you're hitting the refresh button in the browser with a popup open? can you describe the sequence of clicks leading to this? thanks.

No, this happens when I click on a plugin, and click the install button. Or if I click on save in some screens I get this. I also get this if I already have a plugin installed and click on it to configure it.

What's weird is, when I restart the computer for a few minutes everything will work fine, then it seems to break. Client's do no seem effected, but once this happens I can no longer use the configuration panels.

As I said, I have re-installed 3 times, tried the beta version, all with the same behavior. Multiple browsers, cleared the browser cache, etc. 

The only other issue I am having is that the tv streaming is not working on FireTV (everything else does, but Live TV just spins), but works through Emby theatre just fine. Also the Xbox one app crashes as soon as it loads. I don't know if either of those is related.

I will do some plugin installation testing, thanks.

For fire tv, there are a lot of live tv changes in the beta server so if you're using that it might explain it. If not, then I would post in the fire tv section of the community.

laszerus

I will do some plugin installation testing, thanks.

For fire tv, there are a lot of live tv changes in the beta server so if you're using that it might explain it. If not, then I would post in the fire tv section of the community.

Will do, I tried both, same result, will do.

It's not just the plugin screen, it happens on other screens too. It's like when you click on a category it's fine, but then if you click in one step farther (like a browse window, or anything that redirects you to another window) I will get this error. The plugin screen is just the easiest to replicate.

laszerus

what do you mean one step further?

Like on the library screen if I click any of the "..." menu's, get the error. On the settings screen if I click advanced and then the browse (magnifying glass) I get the error. Always that same url too, ending in dlg1475424655789

As of right now it is working. It was not working a few hours ago and I have not done any troubleshooting since then, so I have no idea why it seems to come and go. 

Also the Xbox one app crashes as soon as it loads. I don't know if either of those is related.

To fix this, I believe you have to uninstall and re-install Emby Theater.

laszerus

So still getting the error, but on fewer screens.

When attempting to change transcoding settings, got this again:

Error (FileNotFoundException): Could not find file 'c:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\dlg1475807834359'.

laszerus

i have never reproduced this, but it any case it won't be possible with the next release.

Great to hear, it's manageable anyway, everything seems to work fine, and if I go back and try it again sometimes it works, so minor inconvenience. Thanks for the responses, let me know if I can help if you need any more information.