Shows recorded by the app

mastrmind11
Go to solution Solved by mellomade,

mastrmind11

I added a HDHomerun just yesterday so I have not tried to record anything yet.  Will shows recorded from inside the Emby app(s) show up in my existing TV library in Kodi once they're recorded, with relevant metadata, etc?  I'm trying to figure out whether I need to add MythTV (backend) or TVheadend into the mix.  

Thanks

mellomade

The backend server does all the recording duties - the apps allow you to only schedule them.  Once recorded they will appear in your TV library (or a separate Recordings library depending on how you have your libraries set up) with all the metadata, etc.

If you are using a HDHR supported by Emby (DLNA versions) then you shouldn't need a backend recording service like Myth or TVheadend - Emby will do everything for you.

Good luck!

mastrmind11

The backend server does all the recording duties - the apps allow you to only schedule them.  Once recorded they will appear in your TV library (or a separate Recordings library depending on how you have your libraries set up) with all the metadata, etc.

If you are using a HDHR supported by Emby (DLNA versions) then you shouldn't need a backend recording service like Myth or TVheadend - Emby will do everything for you.

Good luck!

Ok cool.  Right now I have Emby pointed to a "recorded" directory.  If I understand you correctly, I can set Emby to record to the same folder that I've designated as my Emby TV library (which is where stuff from Sonarr, etc goes), and the proper folder structure/etc gets created and scanned automatically?

• Solution
mellomade

Wherever you have your default recording path set is where your recordings will go.  You can find this from your dashboard under Live TV - Settings - default recording path.  Once you set up recordings they will be saved to this location and once a recording has started Emby will scan in all the details, images, etc automatically.

• Like 1