Latest server release 3.0.7200.0 preventing sleep

Z0r0b

I've noticed my media center PC refusing to sleep lately. This was working fine for so long. 

According to powercfg, Emby is the culprit.

C:\>powercfg -requests
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Users\Royce\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Serve
r\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe

AWAYMODE:
None.

I can clear it by restarting the server. But almost immediately after restart, the issue reoccurs. 

it has measures to do that when there are active user sessions. that being said, in my testing it is still sleeping normally.

Hmmm... I cleared the following settings and it no longer happens:

• Enable anonymous usage reporting
  • Enable automatic server updates
  • Allow the server to restart automatically to apply updates

To be honest the automatic updates were a pain. Sometimes occurring at an inconvenient time.

it has measures to do that when there are active user sessions. that being said, in my testing it is still sleeping normally.

There were no active user sessions.

Previously having an active user session didn't prevent sleep - for example, browsing the Emby library from my PC wouldn't stop the server sleeping. I remember that happening many times before. 

• 3 weeks later...
Darktree

Hi I have just been searching as I have the same issue, I keep having to restart the 'Emby Server' Service so that the PC will go into sleep mode.

After restart of Service all works okay again, but every now and again after using Theater the same problem occurs and there are 2 MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe in SYSTEM.

The only client in use is Theater nothing else running, Theater is shutdown but the 2 ServerApplication.exe are still running.

This is even after 30 minutes of no user activity.

Just had a thought it may be after I add new media, as I added some tonight, I will test over weekend.

Darktree

Okay nothing to do with me adding media, as not added any and still having issue today. So I have disabled the first setting above and will see how that goes:

Enable anonymous usage reporting - Disabled

Will be next weekend, as away for week now.