HDHR Connect with other HDHR and ServerWMC

Bert

Based on Luke telling me that a new connect model would work better than the older models in combination with ServerWMC I have procured one.  We record a LOT of OTA so I now have this new one (2 tuners) and three older models (6 more tuners).  I hooked everything up and have no problem getting a schedules direct account.  

I am wondering though if there is anything special I should do with the setup.  Will Emby automatically select the new DLNA model?  Is there a setting to force it to?  I am currently sharing these tuners with WMC on all the computers as well and mainly use that to schedule recordings due to it's reliability.  I use Emby mostly for live TV on mobile devices and at my office via a FireTV stick.  

Hi, no, it's mostly automatic. If you already had existing tuners and the new tuner uses the same channels, then there's really nothing to set up. Let us know how you get on. Thanks !

Well riddle me impressed with the new HDHR. Just a few observations:

1. Works great on Android, I can even leave the app and come back to have it still live without having to relaunch

2. Not sure if it's by design but live TV survived a reboot of the server on my android device

3. Emby is definitely a lot less picky about the quality of the TV signal than Wmc.

4. Using ServerWMC and Emby caused duplicate listings and caused some no available streams errors. For me the solution is to abandon ServerWMC and use my non-dlna models for Wmc and dlna model with Emby

5. I have to get more dlna models and hope Emby Theater development picks up to be a real Wmc replacement

Nice work as always... I'll throw some $ at you soon (even though I am already premier)