Install emby server from scratch ffmpeg path issue

QUIKFLUX
Go to solution Solved by Kayser-Sosa,

Hi,

Im installing emby server from scratch on windows server 2016 and im up to the point to enter the path for ffmpeg. I have downloaded the 64bit bunble from Zeranoe as suggested, extracted to a folder, but when i hit next in the setup i get an error saying cannot locate ffmpeg using the path provided. I know its in there as i can see the ffmpeg application file in the bin directory of that bundle. how do i move past this point? need help please :)

Cheers and thanks in advance

Point it exactly to the exe. there is an issue in the stable release with pointing it to the folder.

Are you on a 64-bit windows install?

• 2 months later...
kaneelschep

Exactly the same issue here.

Downloaded it from the link wich is given. Unpacked it on my windows pc.

Pointed it to exactly where the ffmpeg file is.

I tried it on 3 different locations on the omv box itself including my 64bit windows pc and it always sais the same thing.

We're unable to locate FFmpeg using the path you've entered. FFprobe is also required and must exist in the same folder. These components are normally bundled together in the same download. Please check the path and try again.

Ffprobe is in that location too. Its just like it was from the tar.xz

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Kayser-Sosa

I have the exact same issue occurring every time, currently unable to use Emby at all.  Tried different versions of ffmpeg application, put it in different locations, pointed to different files, reinstalled the entire OS.  I sent in my logs awhile ago and haven't heard anything back.

Running Emby on a virtual Ubuntu server.

I have the exact same issue occurring every time, currently unable to use Emby at all.  Tried different versions of ffmpeg application, put it in different locations, pointed to different files, reinstalled the entire OS.  I sent in my logs awhile ago and haven't heard anything back.

Hi, where did you send in your logs? Thanks.

Jdiesel

The beta version of Emby Server for Ubuntu 16.04 has a built in version of FFmpeg that I have had zero issues with. If you want try upgrading to the beta server.

Happy2Play

Attached are my logs.

You will be better off posting in your OS forum.  Also 3.0.8300.0 is a old build.

Kayser-Sosa

Just deleted the entire virtual and reinstalled OS and Emby again.  Still the same, unable to get past the Setup FFmpeg screen in the wizard.

Just deleted the entire virtual and reinstalled OS and Emby again.  Still the same, unable to get past the Setup FFmpeg screen in the wizard.

Did you enter a path? Or did you try selecting system installed version?

Kayser-Sosa

Both.  The system installed version just sits there, no matter how many times I click Next.  The other gives me the same error message in my above attachment.

Are you sure you even have a system installed version? As for the downloaded version, the ffmpeg and ffprobe files need to be marked as executable in order for the server to be able to execute them. did you do that?

• 1 month later...

How do you make the ffmpeg files executable please? Total newb here

Hi, you probably don't have to. What are you trying to do exactly?

How does that relate to ffmpeg? Have you tried installing the IPTV plugin from the Emby Server catalog?