how to setup sync on random basis

rajdawg
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

We usually have a decent amount of recordings set to go every night.  

In an effort to make this wife friendly I am trying to figure out where in the kodi settings I can have it Sync with the emby server on a more regular basis so it will pull new episodes in

thank you

• Solution
xnappo

It should be instant.  As soon as a new show is scanned by the server, it sends out a web socket message to the Kodi clients with the update.  If the Kodi client was off, it gets these updates when it turns on.

If this is not working, something is wrong (see How to report a problem thread).  Possibly you are seeing a delay in how long it takes the SERVER to scan the data, but that is a question for the server forum that you can check on through the web client.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

mastrmind11

Sounds like the delay for the server to be aware of the new episode.  In my experience this takes a couple of minutes, but is then in Kodi instantly.  If you're seeing a delay of more than a couple minutes, it's likely a server issue and as @@xnappo mentioned, should be addressed in the Server forums (with accompanying logs).

Sounds like the delay for the server to be aware of the new episode.  In my experience this takes a couple of minutes, but is then in Kodi instantly.  If you're seeing a delay of more than a couple minutes, it's likely a server issue and as @@xnappo mentioned, should be addressed in the Server forums (with accompanying logs).

but i shouldnt need to do a perform manual sync or anything?  I will keep an eye on it tonight to see how it performs