Continuous failure on HTPC.

negativzeroe
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

negativzeroe

I've been trying for two weeks to get this app to work. I have a mini slim desktop with a basic GPU in it and have tried Kodibuntu, LibreELEC and OpenELEC. I set it up. Everything through Kodi works perfectly except Emby. What happens is, I will go through the whole setup and everything will be glorious for a few episodes or movies. Then the next time I try to play something I get an error. The only way I have found to fix this is to completely remove Kodi, including all the app files, and completely re-install and re-setup the entire thing.

Even if I just reset the database. I cannot get the startup wizard to prompt for my server and if I enter the IP and user manually I cannot get it to prompt for the password. It's like the app just up and dies after a few plays.

It's not anything having to do with Internet or anything else because I can stream Exodus with no problem (as shown in log). Also, I can get to my server with my phone both by local IP address and outside the network using my router's DDNS.

Just to point out, I'm using beta but have tried with the app from the stable repo and get the same results.

Also the IP address in the log is NOT my server and is not the IP that is in the app settings so I have no idea where it is getting that from....

Attached is the latest log right after resetting the database. I'm hoping this is enough to diagnose the issue. I'll begin completely removing and reinstalling and wait for this to happen again and grab that log as well.

Edit. This is actually on the Fire TV which also has the issue, my bad got them mixed up.

kodi.log

Edited by negativzeroe

Angelblue05

If it's not the right address, what do you see in your dashboard? The address in your log is found via the discovery, this is what your server is reporting.

You should start from scratch and this way you'll be able to manually add your address. So launch the Emby for Kodi add-on > Reset your local database > Yes/Yes/Yes to erasing saved emby info. Then when you restart, it should prompt you with the initial setup, select manually add address. If it doesn't work, provide your Kodi log. Thanks.

Btw Exodus is a big no no, so you are aware, the add-on is illegal and banned.

Edited by Angelblue05

negativzeroe

The address is 10.1.0.249, which is what is in the app settings. I've completely reinstalled and don't even get the startup wizard now. Goes straight to error. 

kodi.log

• Like 1

negativzeroe

@@negativzeroe

Can you install this build over your current one? Let me know if it fixes your issue and you are then able to proceed with the initial setup, thanks.

I shall install, I did end up getting the initial set up after a couple tries and it found my desktop by hostname, which I set up, synced and everything, and it played. After I exited the app and came back to it, here an example log of how this whole mess started, along with the .old log.

kodi.old.log

kodi.log

• Solution
Angelblue05

I see what is happening. Playback fails because it's using the wrong IP reported by your server after you restart. Can you try to do a reset with the alpha build I provided. Use "set manual address" and go from there. Let me know if it works correctly then.

Also another thing you could do is maybe force the correct local IP to bind to your server. In the Emby dashboard > Advanced > Bind local address and enter: 10.1.0.249 / Restart your server.

Keep me posted.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

negativzeroe

Just set the binding. Picking up the woman from work and will continue when I get home. Gotta love that DDNS lol.

EDIT. Ok so it looks like all is swell. After starting the app again after installing the alpha it asked to log in even though it already had a database. I closed twice and they still seem to stream.

I'd really appreciate it if you could kind of watch this thread for a week though in case it blows up and I'll post logs if it does. I'm going to turn off auto update and cross my fingers, then I'll mark as solved after it is successful for a bit more :)

kodi.1.log

kodi.2.log

kodi.3.log

Edited by negativzeroe
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Just post to this thread if anything. Your logs look good, even the server discovery IP is showing correctly. I assume everything would be working correctly now on the latest beta since you binded the local IP in the server settings. But the fix will correct things in the event there's one server found, but we are unable to connect to it.

The fix will be in the next beta version.

negativzeroe

Just post to this thread if anything. Your logs look good, even the server discovery IP is showing correctly. I assume everything would be working correctly now on the latest beta since you binded the local IP in the server settings. But the fix will correct things in the event there's one server found, but we are unable to connect to it.

The fix will be in the next beta version.

Thanks dude, yeah I'm not sure why my server would be reporting a wrong address. Been using Kodi with Emby for at least like 3 years for my TV in the living room and never had that happen before. Just randomly started happening around 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1