Resume state for ISO-files

Exile82
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi guys. I have a bit of a problem. I use rar libraries, but I'm forced to unpack everything I have to get Emby working. However, I consider the upsides with Emby far greater than that job (so much that I now am a premium user). My next problem is that resume state does not work properly, and I guess it depends on the fact that most files are ISO after unpackaging process. I think MKVs works just fine.

Any ideas?

Edited by Exile82

• Solution
Angelblue05

Yes, it's not a direct issue with Emby for Kodi. It's just Emby doesn't probe ISO files, therefore there's no assigned runtime. This is why a resume point can't be set.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks for quick reply! But ouch, I was afraid that this was the deal. Any plans for implementing this feature for ISOs? Or is it not possible?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I don't believe so, ISO was always considered experimental. Perhaps, it will be possible to eventually assign a runtime manually, in the metadata manager to circumvent this issue. Strm files have the same issue.

Yeah, I do understand the complexity eventough I don't fully understand the technical aspects.

Anyway, if I would wish for a future feature, this would probably be top on my list. Since I have my media in rar libraries (not compressed), I need first to unpack to make them playable, then I need to convert the ISO files to MKV. I don't say it is not worth it, I really like the upsides of Emby, but for us with rare libraries, it is a lot of hassle.

My first choice of solution is of course to allow rar libraries as kodi does, but as I understand, that will never happen

Edited by Exile82

Angelblue05

Yeah, I understand. Well, you can always make mention in the server forums so it can be seen since it's not Emby for Kodi related.