Webclient - Play / Shuffle

Koleckai Silvestri

Koleckai Silvestri

Is there any way to disable this popup? When I click on the big green play button for a television episode, I want to play that episode. I would never "Shuffle" a television series.

Happy2Play

You don't get that option on episode level, only Series and Season levels.

Happy2Play

Latest Media takes you to Series not episode as shown in the screenshot.

Koleckai Silvestri

Latest Media takes you to Series not episode as shown in the screenshot.

Used to take me to the latest episode and just play the episode. I wish things that worked wouldn't just be changed because the sun sets in the evening. If you want shuffle, it should have a PLAY and a SHUFFLE button. Not these extra popups that are just annoying whether you're on a desktop or a mobile device. Keep it simple.

Emby has the best media server in the game. I just wish the Client Apps would follow suit and provide a good user experience. Every new client version has me debating on whether to chuck it all and just use VLC.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Happy2Play

we should update the play button though to just play the latest epsidoe

@@Luke Or is this a navigation issue?  Home-Next Up task you to episode, Home (Latest Media) take you to series.  TV-Suggestions takes you to episode and TV-Latest takes you to episode.

Used to take me to the latest episode and just play the episode. I wish things that worked wouldn't just be changed because the sun sets in the evening. If you want shuffle, it should have a PLAY and a SHUFFLE button. Not these extra popups that are just annoying whether you're on a desktop or a mobile device. Keep it simple.

Emby has the best media server in the game. I just wish the Client Apps would follow suit and provide a good user experience. Every new client version has me debating on whether to chuck it all and just use VLC.

When there is only a single latest item for a series it still takes you to the individual episode like it always has, it's just the play button that we need to fix.

When clicking on a latest grouping, it takes you to the series. If you recall, I tried to do a grouping popup that would show you those latest episodes but that was not very warmly received.

Happy2Play

When there is only a single latest item for a series it still takes you to the individual episode like it always has, it's just the play button that we need to fix.

When clicking on a latest grouping, it takes you to the series. If you recall, I tried to do a grouping popup that would show you those latest episodes but that was not very warmly received.

Click on Latest Media take you to Series and if you click Play there you start at first episode in the series.

Well on the series screen that's expected behavior, but the play button on the latest screen should play the latest.

Koleckai Silvestri

Popups in general are more frustrating that useful. Even on mobile devices.

Popups in general are more frustrating that useful. Even on mobile devices.

Well as an example, do you think the image editor popup is frustrating? To open this, just go to the detail screen of a movie and click the poster. That's the kind of popup I'm referring to, although I know you're on iOS, which doesn't get treated with the same animation that chrome does.

Koleckai Silvestri

I manage my server using Chrome on Windows 10. I don't use Emby on iOS anymore as it just isn't worth the frustration. I don't use the image system in Emby anymore. Used to edit them all the time, make sure my series had images that were in a cohesive set across seasons, organized backdrops to fit color schemes, etc...  Now I just let it download whatever image it downloads. If an image is missing, oh well. The popup is one of the reasons. It is more difficult to use and not worth the hassle. 

Multi-select to add things to collections is a pain to use as well. Makes maintaining collections a lot more frustrating. 

Honestly, I wish I could have the web client from a year ago. It was a much better user experience.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Well on the series screen that's expected behavior, but the play button on the latest screen should play the latest.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the default action there to play the "Next Up" episode instead of Season 1 Episode 1...?

That is the default used by the TV apps (labeled accordingly).

• Like 1