Recordings management

farside847

farside847

How are future recordings managed? I think what I am seeing is expected but I wanted to make sure.

When I go to the "series" tab I see all the shows that I have set up to record all new episodes. Then when I go to the "recordings" tab is shows me the recent items that have been recorded, plus a list by day of what it is planning on recording (or scheduled). 

My question is, how far into the future does this show scheduled recordings? For example, the Tonight Show has a new episode every week day, and it shows that it will record one tonight (thurs) and tomorrow night (fri). But it does not show any scheduled recordings for next week. Is this expected? I know that guide data is really only reliable for about a week out, so is emby only looking a few days into the future to schedule recordings?

thanks!

farside847

hmmm, then I need to research why its not seeing the future episodes. My guide data is set to download 14 days so it should be in there.

Maybe next weeks episodes are not marked as "new". Is there a website that uses SD data that I can use to see what is in the data? Or is the data kept in a normal file somewhere I can open?

thanks!

Is there a website that uses SD data that I can use to see what is in the data? 

I don't know.

Sometimes even though you have some data that's pretty far out, it may not be complete and more details get filled in as the broadcast gets closer.

blade005

hmmm, then I need to research why its not seeing the future episodes. My guide data is set to download 14 days so it should be in there.

Maybe next weeks episodes are not marked as "new". Is there a website that uses SD data that I can use to see what is in the data? Or is the data kept in a normal file somewhere I can open?

thanks!

I use Zap2XML process which pulls from Zap2It and just looked at my guide for next week and it only shows a NEW episode for The Tonight Show for Tuesday, Sept. 27th. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are showing as REPEATS.

EDIT: Just took a look at Zap2IT website directly and it is showing Mon, Tues & Wed as NEW and Thurs and Fri as REPEAT. Maybe our guides just have to synch up with changing schedules for next week.

Edited by blade005