NFO Files Causing Movies to Stop Playing

Scott750

Scott750

Been having an issue where movies will stop playing in random places of the movie. It's not from a particular movie. Looking through the logs I see at the exact time the movie stops, there's an IO Exception Int32 write to .NFO access denied.

Tried rebooting my server but still happens. Went so far as to delete all .nfo and .xml files from every movie folder and ran a library update. All of my Metadata and picture, etc are still showing up. Went to play a movie and same thing. Logs still say can't write to an .nfo file. Searched all of my movie folders and there are no .nfo files. Is there another place where nfo files are kept that's not in the movie folders? Why would trying t update a nfo file cause the server t stop playing a movie? Unless it's something else, but that's the only correlation I can find.

MB server v3.0.7200.0

1st log file is before deleting nfo files

2nd log file is after deleting nfo files

Scott750

Sorry Luke. Was trying to add the logs using Tapatalk but they are over 10MB each. I will try to zip them and add them here shortly.

Happy2Play

To me it looks like you have a permissions issue in DVD Movies and BluRay Movies.

Access to the path '\\xxxxxxx-SERVER\FlexRaid\DVD Movies\X-Men (2000)\X-Men (2000).nfo' is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Access to the path '\\xxxxxxx-SERVER\FlexRaid\BluRay Movies\Men in Black 3 (2012)\Men in Black 3 (2012).nfo' is denied.

Scott750

To me it looks like you have a permissions issue in DVD Movies and BluRay Movies.

Access to the path '\\xxxxxxx-SERVER\FlexRaid\DVD Movies\X-Men (2000)\X-Men (2000).nfo' is denied.

Access to the path '\\xxxxxxx-SERVER\FlexRaid\BluRay Movies\Men in Black 3 (2012)\Men in Black 3 (2012).nfo' is denied.

But in those folders, those files don't exist. I deleted all .nfo and .xml files yet I still get access denied to these files. Why is that?

None of this is really related to playback, i doubt it is impacting that at all.

Any other suggestions I should be looking into? Any other logs you need to see?

Yes. You haven't indicated what device or app you're trying to play from, whether there's an error message, what kind media it is, etc. All valuable information that is needed to help you resolve this.

Scott750

This is happening when playing movies on my Roku 3 and Emby for WMC (The logs attached are just when playing movies on the Roku). I use the chrome web gui from my living room HTPC to select the Roku player or Emby for WMC and then from chrome command that device to play a movie (.mkv) or playlist. I don't get any errors. Just stops playing and goes back to the last page it was on.  In the web gui, the playing status at the bottom of the page disappears once playback has stopped. I find it easier to use the web gui to find and select movies rather than using the Roku or WMC software.

Emby for Roku: v2.24

Emby for WMC: v3.0.307.0

Chrome: v53.0.2785.116

Ok, let's focus on Emby for WMC since it is easier to obtain logs for that app. Please open a new topic here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/55-emby-for-wmc/

Then please mention an example and then provide the Emby for WMC log that goes along with that example. Instructions on where to find Emby for WMC logs can be found in the same link i provided in post #2. Thanks !

I would also like to point out that one of your logs contains a remote control stop command coming from the web app so I would also make sure you are not accidentally pressing the stop button.

Scott750

Ok, let's focus on Emby for WMC since it is easier to obtain logs for that app. Please open a new topic here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/55-emby-for-wmc/

Then please mention an example and then provide the Emby for WMC log that goes along with that example. Instructions on where to find Emby for WMC logs can be found in the same link i provided in post #2. Thanks !

Ok will do

I would also like to point out that one of your logs contains a remote control stop command coming from the web app so I would also make sure you are not accidentally pressing the stop button.

If you only saw the stop 1 time, then that was intentional. 

Scott750

So I tried to play a playlist in Emby for WMC for the wife while I was at work, but it only played a single movie and without any issues. Normally I would use the Play All command in the webclient, but the webclient was connected to the Roku which was also playing a playlist. So I don't have a log file for Emby for WMC that shows the playback issue because I can't remember which date I had the issue in. 

Can we look into the Roku's issue instead? Because I do know which logs had the issue.

Scott750

@@Luke, I think this issue has already been reported.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36572-movie-stream-stops-and-wont-resume/?st=0

Sounds like an upcoming firmware update for the Roku resolves the issue. Hopefully Roku publishes the update soon.

In the meantime I'll reduce the app default bitrate as you suggested in that thread.

Edited by Scott750

Happy2Play

I was going to mention this but it looked like everything was already transcoding to your Roku from your logs and you mentioned other clients.  Is you bitrate set to 3.2Mb?  But yes there is a bug in the current Roku 7.2 build 4100 firmware that prevents files larger than 4Gb to play properly.

As the post states you request the updated firmware Roku or wait until it is officially released.

Edited by Happy2Play

Scott750

My Roku is on 7.2 Build 4100 firmware and was set to the default 3.2 Mbos. I changed it to 3 Mbps and set it to play another playlist. It was able to play 3.1 movies before it stopped just a few mins into the 4th movie. 

Found this in the sever logs.

2016-09-24 03:19:12.3906 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.1.8. Time: 16ms. http://192.168.1.2:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress?itemId=373f3b4ec7fa0e696ddd400040a070be&PositionTicks=7790000000&isPaused=false&canSeek=true&PlayMethod=Transcode&QueueableMediaTypes=Video&MediaSourceId=373f3b4ec7fa0e696ddd400040a070be&PlaySessionId=2f9e5ffe070f49be9680dd69bcc189a9&AudioStreamIndex=1

2016-09-24 03:19:14.6264 Info App: Stopping ffmpeg process with q command for D:\Transcode Temp Folder\transcoding-temp\8e0884a3a944f67136729b982b0c6f3b.m3u8
2016-09-24 03:19:14.6294 Info App: FFMpeg exited with code 0
2016-09-24 03:19:14.6294 Info App: Deleting partial stream file(s) D:\Transcode Temp Folder\transcoding-temp\8e0884a3a944f67136729b982b0c6f3b.m3u8

The device response at 3:19:14.4358 went from an average 16ms to 8748ms. So wondering if the delayed response tells the server the device is no longer around so stop playing the movie???

server-63610271999.txt