Days of guide data

farside847
Go to solution Solved by blade005,

farside847

Sorry for the simple question, but where do I set the number of days of guide data to download? I have an hdhomerun and schedules direct set up any running perfectly, but I seem to remember setting it to only a few days when I first set it up, and now I can't find it for the life of me to increase.

Thanks!!!!

• Solution
blade005

Go into the Dashboard on Emby Server and select the following:

LIVE TV under Dashboard Selections, then SETTINGS at top of Live TV Section. Number of days of guide data to download is the first selection at the top.

• Like 2

kanipek

Actually I believe via json you can get up to 30 days of data. Though I have found in my case, could be different for others, that after 17 or 18 days the data is a little spotty.

Edited by kanipek

farside847

14 is a good max I think. I got a reply from SD: "we normally have more than 14 days, but honestly I wouldn't trust any data more than 7 days out.. it changes quite often."

blade005

14 is a good max I think. I got a reply from SD: "we normally have more than 14 days, but honestly I wouldn't trust any data more than 7 days out.. it changes quite often."

Agree. Anything farther out is highly suspect.

I use Zap2XML and pulled 14 days initially, cache 10 days, and let my nightly update refresh the back 4 days. I also put in the option not to cache anything marked as TBA. This keeps a fresh and fairly accurate rolling 14 days and keeps my nightly refresh update to about a 7 minute process. The Refresh Guide task in Emby still takes 45 minutes to an hour, but that runs early in the AM.

• 1 year later...
EODCrafter

Go into the Dashboard on Emby Server and select the following:

LIVE TV under Dashboard Selections, then SETTINGS at top of Live TV Section. Number of days of guide data to download is the first selection at the top.

It's now under the DVR Tab.....I'm trying to figure out how to Purge old guide data. Is there a specific database I can delete?

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

All you have to do is just refresh the guide.

OMG, I think it's being cached in my browser then cause I had a whole lot of duplicate channels that were no longer in my latest .m3u file. I went ahead and erased everything in %emby%/appdata/programdata and started over...Didn't need to do this?

See...It just did it again. I had to add .0 and .1 to channels cause it was reading the TV Guide Channel List. The single numbered channels don't exist any more..2, 3, 4 ,5 ECT in my .m3u

This time I cleared my browser cache and they are still there....

5b6c95e399791_Capture.png

EDIT: My Bad, I was jumping the gun...It's gotta be a full reload of the Guide which takes 20 minutes or so....Sry.

Edited by EODCrafter

It sounds like you completely wiped out the server? no you didn't have to do that. those duplicates are most likely in your m3u. have you checked on that?

EODCrafter

It sounds like you completely wiped out the server? no you didn't have to do that. those duplicates are most likely in your m3u. have you checked on that?

It's the Server Lagging on Guide reload. Is there any possible fix for that when we have VERY large .xml guide files? I know Perfect Player loads 3 guides I have in about 20 seconds, not 20 minutes. I'm considering redoing my channel lineup to fit one simple Xml (zap2xml) local file but I really would rather have all the channels I can for on my Server.

Edited by EODCrafter