Server - Scheduled playback

pcheck

For those that grew up with Saturday morning cartoons, remember getting up early and watching cartoons all morning. If there were 2 shows at the same time, you had to make the difficult choice of choosing which show to watch. If you were gone on Saturday, you missed the episode and may still not have seen them. In this day of video on demand and DVRs, my son can't figure how I'm just now seeing some of the Back to the Future cartoons for the first time.

My request would be the ability to set up a schedule of TV shows that start automatically at the specified time and play on a DLNA device. An idea of what was showing on Saturdays can be found at, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_United_States_network_television_schedules. You could schedule show A at 7, B at 7:30, etc, if you turn on your TV at 7:10, you've missed the first 10 minutes, just like on Saturday mornings. The TV shows could be set to start at the 1st episode of your collection, or it could look at the original air date and pick the episode that would have aired on that particular Saturday. In addition, how about the ability to add commercials between TV shows, or, if the TV show has chapters, in between each chapter. Maybe the option of how many commercials at each break, say 1 or 2 30 second commercials between chapters, and 3 or 4 between shows. You could have a folder of commercials by year, if the show aired in 1990, it could randomly pull commercials from the 1990's folder and insert them through out.

Not sure how difficult any of this would be to add, but wanted to put it out there and see what other people think.